Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chart stalkers please!

Default Chart stalkers please!

Hey ladies...

Can anyone help with my chart? I'm very very confused!

I don't understand the whole concept of charting. Ie. Temps going up and down.

My chart is looking rather peaky at the moment.

The link to it is in my sig. If anyone could help interpret and give me a better understanding I'll be very appreciative!!

x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Melzi19">My Ovulation Chart</a>

Just in case the link in my sig can't be seen or doesn't work.

Link in your sig worked.. Your temp is quite low I noticed, is that normal for you? When you O you normally have a low temp, then FF detects O when there are 3 consecutive temps higher.. The progesterone increase is what causes the high temps I have been charting for over 12 cycles, and still get confused lol.. Charting is hard for the 1st couple of months, it's much easier when you have been at it for a while, so you notice a pattern.. Also you don't know you have O'd til after you see the temp rise. I hope you don't have to chart for ages and you get your BFP soon!

How do you put in a link to your chart??

My temp is often that low it's normal for me.

I sleep with my aircon on most nights... But always under the blanket...

I temp under my arm.

Temping under your arm could be why.. Can I ask why you don't temp orally?

My temps are all over the shop too. I don't think I will get a BFP this month..

I sleep with my mouth open. That's why I don't temp orally anymore

Oh and you put your chart in your sig by going onto ff and go onto your chart, share by copying on the code... And then put a link in your sig via BB control panel... I think. Sorry I'm not very computer savvy hope I explained it okay.

Thanks, but Do you copy the BB code or the HTML code? I tried and it didn't work..

Bb code I think love...

ok, lets see if this works My Ovulation Chart

ETA, I think it did , thanks

Your chart looks fine Looks like a chart of someone who is temping orally (or underarm)... if you want steady temps you will have to temp vaginally.

Yep that worked!

Tanya at the end of this current cycle I will temp orally. Not too keen on the idea of vaginally.

Your chart looks perfectly fine to me too! Nothing wrong with it at all. Oral temps would be a lot more accurate though. Don't be concerned about sleeping with your mouth open, a lot of people do that, me being one of them! My charts are displaying some nice patterns now (I have 5 really complete charts including my BFP) despite sleeping with my mouth open, the fan on, the evaporative air on, getting woken at random times by a toddler and taking my temps at different times!

You really need a few charts up your sleeve before you will see patterns and be able to detect O by the look of your charts. It looks like O could be about to happen with the slight temp dip today. Have you got your digital OPKs yet? Remember it is possible to miss the LH surge too so you *may* be unlucky with the timing of your OPK and miss the positive. That happened to me last month! It doesn't necessarily mean you aren't ovulating.

You said in one of your other posts that your GP has confirmed you definitely aren't ovulating though, what tests did they do? I'd still keep on charting this month if I were you but try orally and see what difference it makes. The digital OPKs are much easier to use too so if you use them to detect your LH surge then you may just get that positive after all. FF will detect O if your temps behave themselves so keep on going, especially as you're halfway through the month now A full chart is really interesting to look back on.

All in all, your chart looks great and perfectly normal to me. O may be just around the corner. I O between cd14 and cd18 - it can vary each month. HTH
    Last edited by Taurean; March 29th, 2011 at 12:45 AM.

Taureen, I'm still charting but I've had negative opks ( and been poas since cd9... 2 a day so i doubt I've missed the surge.- and even then I haven't had o detected by ff... Or my doc. She said if I temp I should see that I ovulate even if my temps are taken at different times... Also the blood tests at cd3 are ok-ish, my fsh is a tad higher (meaning lower ovarian reserve this month to last month ?) Clomid apparently will help that, I'm not all keen on clomid but I guess if I'm not ovulating that is the only way ATM to kickstart it! Temp took another drop today...

Sent from my iPhone (via Tapatalk) so please forgive the spelling mistakes...
    Last edited by LysnDan; March 29th, 2011 at 06:53 AM.

Hon, O is still likely on the horizon, especially given you've said in previous posts that your cycle is roughly 28/29 days and your LP was 10+.

You cam still miss your LH surge depending on the time you test and how long the surge lasts. For example, I do my OPKs first thing in the morning (perfectly fine and recommended for the OPKs I use). I test for roughly 4-5 days as I have enough data from charting now to know when I O. I missed my positive last month and it's most likely my surge happened in the afternoon or evening, hence why I missed it. However, thanks to charting, FF was able to roughly detect when I O'd due to the temp dip then steady rise (of three + days), other fertility signs I entered (CM - I don't often get EWCM either, etc) and previous cycles information.

Your temp dip isn't a bad thing at all. Temps do fluctuate and you'll only see patterns at the end of a full cycle plus when you have more charts to compare. I've got my charts (the full ones that is) in my sig. Feel free to take a look for reassurance.

Hang in there. You've O'd in previous months (at least that's what you've said in another post) so maybe you're just jumping the gun a bit this cycle. I know TTC can be trying and your onto your 7th month but it is perfectly normal and healthy to still be trying at 7 months. Charting is one way to help you along on your journey though and like I said, you'll only benefit from it when you have full cycles to review.

Taureen,

My doctor has just handed me clomid yesterday to take in cycle 8 so something must be up. And when I first started ttc o was usually on cd10-14 giving me a nice lp.

Don't know what's happening, I may be jumping the gun, yes. But my hubby has just left for work so I'm positive this month is out anyways (as much as I wasn't technically meant to be trying due to a health issue)...

Thanks for the reassurance though, I appreciate it.

I want my body to do this naturally. I know I've done it before!! I'm going to temp under my arm for this current cycle, then I will probably do oral temping next cycle. My temps do fluctuate like this all month... But I hadn't recorded them on ff. I'm not new to temping as such, I'm new to chart reading.

And I'll let everyone know if I have o'd when I get my cd21 tests back!

I'll just keep doing what I've been doing and hope for o!

Last edited by LysnDan; March 29th, 2011 at 07:26 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast