Thread: Checking CM

Default Checking CM

Sorry if this is to graphic or TMI, but how do you check your CM? I don't tend to have CM on the outside... or am I meant to stick my fingers in my vagina?

i have only ever checked my CM when it shows up on toilet paper. (i think!) you do need to have a poke up there if it doesn't physically show.

Thanks I am so new to all this I have no idea what I am doing - haha

Yeah just pop a clean finger in. I find that when I am in a fertile time it is obvious on my toilet paper when I go, but other wise is just dip a finger in and see what's what.

I just waited to see what came out on the toilet paper or my undies.

I find it is very obvious when i am fertile, i wait until i feel 'wet' in my undies and then sometimes there is enough at the opening to touch to check the consistency (sorry tmi) i find it varies in amount throughout the day, hope this helps xxxxx

Every comment help, thankyou. I have never noticed CM before, and even being aware I cant feel it... maybe I just don't have as much CM for it to be noticeable?

Most people don't really think about their CM unless they are thinking about getting pregnant so if you haven't paid attention before now you prob. won't have noticed it at all.

Thats true, it also depends where you are in your cycle. What day are you on? After your period you will feel dry and probably wont notice or be able to find much cm but as you approach ovulation you will prpbably feel wetter and can start looking for ewcm xxxxxxx

I agree, I never looked before, but now I do everytime - haha. I actually had to insert my finger and it was creamy. (TMI sorry). Still playing with FF, Im going to buy a Ovulation thermometer on Thursday hopefully, what is the difference between ovulation thermometer and a normal household one?
    I have no idea of my cycle, I finished my first AF I have had in about 6 years earlier this month, then about 5 days later had another AF which lasted about 4 days :/ In the lead up to the second I had brownish CM :/ hopefully it all gets like clockwork.

Were you on the pill or implanon or something? Did you come off contraception just before that first period? The first day of your last period is day one i don't kniw about the thermometers as i don't chart temps but i assume they give more accurate results as in more after the decimal point, ie 36.56 instead of just 37 degrees flat. Haha yeah it gets a bit addictive once you start noticicng it, especially when you notice when you get wetter it will become more slippery when you touch it between your fingers and eventually you will see the ewcm (egg white cervical mucous) which is the magic fertile stuff xxxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by raspberryberet View Post
    Were you on the pill or implanon or something? Did you come off contraception just before that first period? The first day of your last period is day one i don't kniw about the thermometers as i don't chart temps but i assume they give more accurate results as in more after the decimal point, ie 36.56 instead of just 37 degrees flat. Haha yeah it gets a bit addictive once you start noticicng it, especially when you notice when you get wetter it will become more slippery when you touch it between your fingers and eventually you will see the ewcm (egg white cervical mucous) which is the magic fertile stuff xxxxxxx
    Thanks for your comment, I was on the pill for the first year or so 7 years ago, then it made me sick so I went off it, and we just tried without trying, but I had no periods at all. I saw my doctor and he put m on the pill 2 months ago, so I got my frst period on the 6th (I think) of this month, finished the 12th, then I got another AF (but only for 4 days and light, but still needed to use a tampon). I haven't taken the pill again since my first period arrived, I wanted to let it do it's thing without cutting it of using the 'active' pill. (brown pill).
    The doctor and I suspected that I was not having AF as I was (and still am) obese, So far I have lost a fair bit of wait (about 20kgs) with more to go, but we thought we would like to start trying now