Thread: Need help! I think FF got it wrong...

Default Need help! I think FF got it wrong...

Ok, I really need help from the wise women & charting experts on BB. This is my 2nd month off the pill, so i'm new to the charting thing.
    BUT....
    I think FF got my O day wrong.
    It says I O'd on cd 15, when I think I o'd on cd 17. I just want to know if you think FF is right or me . I really like to know how many days my lp is this month, as it was a tad short last month.

Here's my chart
    My Ovulation Chart
    Now, before cd 15 all opks were - , ON cd 15 I had a - at 10am and 3pm, but then I got a strong + at 10pm (ummm.... I'm a poas addict ). I had + opks on cd 16, 17 and in the morning of 18, then it faded. The strongest + was on cd 16 (this is where I think my lh peaked). So how can I have o'd before all my + opks? Keeping in mind on cd 15 I didn't get a + until late night?

I had fertile cm on cd 15, 16, 17.

I had a small temp spike after day 15, but a HUGE spike after day 17. If you look at last month's chart, I had a small spike before o last time...

So, I believe I o'd on cd 17, but what do you think?

I agree it would be confusing for you. FF would be going by the temp change rather than the opk's, I think it would have been CD15 but more likely 16

Hope that helps

OPKs are charting the increase in a hormone that peaks just before you O. So the few days of + OPKs indicate that you are close to ovulation, ITMS. It drops once you have O'd. So I would go by CD17-18. It can take 24 hrs or more for O to occur after the surge. Did you get any twingy O-type pains on CD17 or 18? The temp spike would also indicate O (the biggest one, that is). I never temped, but I charted CM and used OPKs for DD2. I only used OPKs for one month. It worked straight away for us. GL with your TWW!

I had cramping in my ovaries from cd 14 to 17. So unfortunately it doesn't help me narrow it down . I tend to have cramping quite a few days before o, as if my ovaries are "gearing up" to do their thing...
    I also thought that it would be impossible to o BEFORE the lh surge... Sigh.... Still no closer to a def. answer....

ff changed my o day when I continued to add temps etc.

I think ff is having some strange issues this month, mine has dotted red o/cover line on cd 16 but I'm sure I o'd on 13. My temps are stupid because I have an over active thyroid but I get nearly a 1degree drop for o, it's telling me I o'd on a day I had a 0.15 degree drop.
    But remember that opks detect the lh surge meaning you're getting ready for o, not that you are o'ing. And a few days difference each month can be normal.
    I personally find opks too confusing and way too much variation between women so I just do temps, cm and cp but wasn't doing cm or cp this month, but I know lots of people who thanks to opks got a BFP, I'd say as long as you dtd a few times quite close to either, then you'll be in for a good chance ;-)