Thread: At what point of your cycle would you have NO CM for a number of days at a time???

Default At what point of your cycle would you have NO CM for a number of days at a time???

Hey!!!

I'm a little lost trying to chart my cycle as it's a bit all over the place this time. A few years ago I knew every little sign and what it all meant. I could tell exactly where I was in my cycle because of how I felt and what my CM was doing. Now, not so much.

I'm CD55 today.... which is very unusual for me. I was expecting AF to arrive by CD44 at the latest. I'm getting a little confused by my CM signs (I can't use BBT to track my cycle due to having undergone radiation treatment previously). If anyone has an idea, please can you share your thoughts....

I had long, stretchy ewcm a few weeks ago, followed by a few days of watery cm (that very wet feeling). Then I had some creamy days, perhaps a week of that, followed by another day of what seemed to be ewcm. Then nothing at all.

I thought NO CM was normally what I experience once AF has disappeared, but now i'm confused. I'm wondering if perhaps I skipped a cycle? My bbs are quite sore today, so I am thinking perhaps AF is just around the corner....

Can anyone share their CM changes or thoughts please? I'd really love to hear your thoughts. Might help me to better understand what my body is doing.

Xx

No or very little CM can also happen after ovulation and up until AF arrives as fertility is low again then. The CM pattern you described sounds very normal.

Ok thanks LadyLove. Perhaps just an extra long cycle this time around. Much appreciate your help.
    The watery days are likely to be the most fertile days, right?

No the egg white cervical mucous (literally like raw egg white - transparent, very stretchy) is the most fertile. The watery stuff is very fertile too, it usually comes just before, sometimes in between, the ewcm. Some women don't get the ewcm but it is the liquid gold of CM as it allows sperm to survive longer, swim further etc. Usually you ovulate on the last day of your most fertile CM, though some women will get a spot of residual watery or ewcm a few days after ovulation.

Ok Great. Thanks so much. Your help means a great deal to me right now! It looks like just an extra long cycle this time around. This should give me a much better idea of what next cycle is likely to be like.

You should check out fertility friend. They have great facts and tutorials and you can set up a free account and help track your cycles.

Thanks. I did set up an account but i couldn't really figure it out properly and it just left me more confused than ever. And since my cycle this time has been soooooo long, it didn't have an option for a 50-something day cycle. I'm just a little technically challenged. I've been using the calender on my phone to make my daily notes and refer back on. I know it's not as easy for comparison, but it's simple.

Can i ask you something? If i had ewcm then watery, then a week later ewcm.... would O likely have occurred with the first ewcm or the 2nd?

Hmm that's tricky. It could be either. In time you will probably pick up on other signs O is close, like twinges or discomfort, pimples, a range of things really as it is different for everyone. Do you temp?