Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 year old kinder 2014 Chat

Default 4 year old kinder 2014 Chat

I just received my offer for DDs 4 year old kinder place to start next year. Who else has a little one starting 4 year old kinder?

There are 2 groups, and not sure which one she will be in yet, but either Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs 9 - 2.30 and then 4 hours on Friday either in the morning or afternoon. It is close to home, but not quite walking distance. Would like to ride my bike with the trailer, but don't think baby can go on a bike for awhile. Hoping we know some other kids in the class, but DD makes friends pretty easily, so hope it is a smooth beginning either way. The kinder is a block away from the primary school she will be going to, so many of the kids will also be going on to school with her.

My dd2 is in kindy next year - she will be going every Monday and Tuesday 9-3 and every second Wednesday 9-3.

She's looking forward to it - she's been wanting to stay and play when we pick up dd1 - who will be in prep next year.

I do. Hes so excited. he'll be 4.5 as hes a july 1st babe. But im glad hes starting next year, he wouldn't have coped at the start of this year.

The kindy is gorgeous. Huge yard. Herb garden the kids can access any time, swings, slide, sandpit, climbing equipment.

It will take us about 30mins to get there because we have to bus it, but I'm ok with that. Its pretty simple.

He'll be going 8:30-2:45 mon, tues and alt wed. (5 day fnight)

Im looking forward to it too. His behaviour has been appalling lately. Im really hoping being in a new environment, more stimulation and new people will help to reign him in a bit. It will also give me and bub some one on one time too.

DD is starting kinder next year - didn't get the kinder we wanted, but the one she is going to also has a good rep (is just further to travel for DH) - not sure if she will be a five day fortnight or 2.5 days a week (this year they are 2.5 days but other kinders have successfully trialled 5 day fortnight so all may be doing it next year). a friend i've had since i was 6 has her eldest son in that kinder this year, and her second son will be in next year - so with luck the kids will be in same group.

DD was ready to start this year but missed the age cut off - so she will be more than ready to go - and will be one of the oldest there. hoping it helps further develop her rather than slow her down (i've always been the youngest in classes and have been pushed to catch up to the older kids, rather than being an older kid and feeling slowed down to bring the younger ones up to same level)

Yes our Moo is starting 4 year old kindy, he is going to love it! He has really enjoyed 3 year old kindy and is always hanging out for Mondays

We won't find out until November but we requested Wednesday and Friday, 8:30am - 4pm.

My DD is 4yo kinder next year too!
    She's been doing 2 x full days at CC- but I made the decision to pull her out and put her in a council run kinder.
    We can't wait, she's excited to go :-)

Got DD2's offer, got the kinder we wanted.
    3 classes next year so I hope we get the same group DD1 had which is Mon & Fri 9:15-2:45 then Tues 8:30-12:30

Miss Z is looking forward to big girls kinder

DD2 is at 4yo next year too, not our 1st pref but have heard it's a good kinder so not too fussed. Not sure what times and days yet.

In a place where Love is what we breathe!

My DD is 4 in March and will be doing 2 full days and one half day in between.
    She has been doing 3 year old Kindy once a week this year and thoroughly enjoys it. She is VERY excited to start her new kindy next year though. I hope she always loves going to school ♥

Oh my gosh this is my daughter next year too....wasn't she just born?!?!

We are in a small country town so only have the one preschool and one long day care. She has been offered Monday and Tuesdays. I'm really nervous for her (or maybe for me!) She is beyond excited though! She hasn't spent any time away before so I'm hoping she will go ok. It's a lovely little school, I worked there previously too. Both DH and I also went there as kiddies

DS starts 'big kindy' next year too. He'll be one of the youngest as he's not four til May. He's loving 3yo kindy this year so I'm hoping its a smooth transition. I'm a teensy bit worried that I'll have a newborn, and I don't want the disruption to unsettle him, but it can't be helped.

It's at the primary school, so will be great for when he starts school in 2015 as he'll know the school and hopefully have made some friends. Not sure of days and times, but its 2.5 days a week....was hoping it'd be a 5 day fortnight, but, meh. It's just out of walking distance for us too, but I don't think I'd have walked with a newborn anyway....ok, I KNOW I wouldn't have, lol!

Question - what happens with toileting? DS is fully TT, but needs someone to wipe his bottom - they'll do that, won't they?!

Quote Originally Posted by JLeigh29 View Post
    Question - what happens with toileting? DS is fully TT, but needs someone to wipe his bottom - they'll do that, won't they?!
    I hope so cause were at the same point.

I'm fairly sure this year DD1's teachers don't help wipe their bottom.
    She's tried to get me to do it at home but I say no.

DD2 is comfortable wiping her own bum but isn't necessarily accurate so we are working in that ready for next year.

Mm might be something to talk to them about in the interview. DS only just toilet trained in the last couple of months. I do get him to wipe himself but hes not very good at it yet..

Nope- they don't usually wipe bums. Kids are meant to be completely independent in the toilet to go to kindy.
    My DD is going next year. She will be 5 in Feb. two days of 8:30-4. She is already familiar with the kindy as she does 3yo there and used to go with me when DS was there, so I expect it to be a good transition for her.

JLeigh , yup, teachers don't usually wipe children's bottoms at kindergarten. The only time Ive done it is when a child has had an accident, otherwise most children are happy to do it themselves. It might be worth getting some flushable wipes for you DS to have a go at wiping himself so he can get in some practice over the next 5 months.
    However if your worried about it, just have a chat with the teacher and she/he might have some ideas.

DD1 is going to our local kindly next year and is soooooo looking forward to it. In SA we are just changing to single intake so she will be 5.5 when she starts. She would have been totally fine starting this year and school next year but she us a tiny dot of a thing, about the size of a 2 or 3 year old so I don't mind her being the oldest and maybe average sized rather than the youngest and the smallest IYKWIM.
    I've been to an enrolment session at the kindy and I love it so much! DD1 is going to be totally in her element there. Got some transition visits in November then just need to keep her busy in the loooooong wait until she starts in term 1 LOL!

Here is Vic, children do not have to be toilet trained, despite what kinders/teachers might tell you, it's discrimination if they don't allow a child to attend, therefore yes they have to help with toileting.
    DD2 is going to 4 year old too, 3x 5 hour sessions, 8am-1pm

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast