Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 year old kinder 2014 Chat

Default Re: 4 year old kinder 2014 Chat

Moo is doing the long days too, same hours as your DD Purple Penguin. He has had one full day so far, poor thing was rubbing his eyes when I picked him up! He has his next full day tomorrow, does Wednesday and Friday. Initially it bothered me that the 2 days weren't together but now I think the rest day inbetween will be good for him. Other than that he really liked his first day!

DD1 has been at kindy for 2 weeks now, 2 long days and 1 short day per week. She absolutely LOVES it, totally in her element. She was already doing FDC for similar hours last year so the days aren't too much of a struggle for her, but she is still pretty pooped at the end of the day. Normally when she has been somewhere and I ask what she has been doing she replies with I don't know or I don't remember (normal for a 4 yo!) but after kindy all different stories and songs just spill out of her! She loves the tadpoles, looking at shells under the magnifying glass and playing on the swing. Very happy girl and mum.

DD1 is going fine. She's incredibly grumpy when I pick her up so I take that as she's had fun lol. Her full sessions start next week. She's a bit confused about the new kids that have started, I think she expected that it would be the kids from the three year old group she was with last year. Those kids are there but they've all been broken up and her one group has been split up over four groups. There's two groups each day and they change them around but she doesn't get to see everyone all the time. I was pretty surprised at the large amount of kids who are enrolled for this year compared to the 20 who did 3yo last year. If DD1 hadn't done 3yo I think she would have gone crazy from boredom!

DD is loving it. Does a 5 day fortnight and this week she had half day transition. She wanted to be there all day and wanted to go when it wasn't her days, so that's positive to me. She's one of the youngest, not 4 till may... But is taking it all in her stride and giving everything a go, which is the main thing. Having an older brother has definitely helped her know what it's all about.

DD is having a blast. The first proper session, she was asking us to leave as she didn't want the adults there!

Lovely to read about all these little munchkins finding their independent feet at kindy/kinder! Our kids are awesome

Yeah they're long days, she was at day care from 9-5 before that so not too new for her. Just need to get into a bit of a routine and she'll be ok. She had a good day today, with the exception of her teacher being taken to hospital in an ambulance midway through the session. I hope she's ok, they didn't give us too many details except that she probably won't be there for the rest of the week.

Goodness, PP, hope the teacher is ok. Glad your DD is enjoying herself.

Kinders closed this week due to the fires. ;(

DD2 is loving Kinder, she turns 5 next month & she is having a fairy party but she only has 4 other girls in her class & 12 boys....hoping they get a few more girls in her class over the year.

Chesh - D's class is the same! She already knows a few boys as their older siblings are M's friends, so she's all popular with the boys apparently yesterday someone (a girl) said she wanted D to be her BF but doesn't remember her name lol!

we have heaps of girls and only a handful of boys.

DD is loving kinder!! 4 hour sessions this week then 5 hours next week.
    We're nut and seed free and now whole grain free

There is a kindy around that is fully allergen free. No nut, diary, or gluten. Ours is just nut free. DD1 is loving kindy. Starts three five hour sessions from next week.

Our kindy is only nut free.

Moo was soooo tired Friday arvo...then swimming the next morning so by Saturday night he was shattered!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. My ds is doing 4yr old kinder thus year too. He does 3 days - tues 8.15-3, wed 1.30-4.30 and fri 8.15-1.30. The two 8.15 starts are taking some getting used to! He's loving it so far but he was there for 3yr old last year and even has the same teacher. Ours is just nut free.

Quote Originally Posted by HotI View Post
    Kinders closed this week due to the fires. ;(
    Same here

Miss E seems to be really enjoying kinder. Our proper hours start next week. In order to have a an activity 'free' day, we do dancing on Tuesdays at 2:15-3 and then swimming at 3:45. The last two week she has been a nightmare after these two activities. I suspect the two together is too much. I'll leave it for a couple of weeks more and see if things improve. Has anyone had older kids that had an initial tiredness that was worth working through?
    '?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast