Thread: How many days per week ?

Default How many days per week ?

How many days per week does your child go to preschool ?

DD1 is 4 and has started going to preschool two days per week . Iv started studying so I'm thinking of putting her in 3 days per week .

Default Re: How many days per week ?

My boys go 3 days per week as I usually work those days. I'm on maternity leave and I've kept them at three days, mainly to get DS1 ready for 5 days of school next year.

My DS did 3 days until about July/August then he did 4 days. I think that helped him prepare for the 5 days at prep he is doing this year. My DD currently goes to daycare 3 days and will do this next year to when she starts the preschool program. I expect she will pick up an extra day mid year if there's one available.

Dd will be 4 at Xmas and will start preschool in the new year. A 5 day fortnight program

I'm in NSW and DD is almost 5. She started preschool in February and goes 2 days a week. We don't have the option of any more days due to limited places. Children who aren't going to school the following year are only given 1 day.

DD1 went for 3 days a week, DD2 will go for 5 days (she needs to do it through LDC rather than a kinder)

DS has been going for 2 days for the last 2 years, he's now 4. Next year he will do 2 full days at Kinder and 1 at CC.

Both mine go for three days while I am at work, the odd week they have done four or five (so for DD that is the kinder program). They love it there, and if it wasn't so exceptionally expensive if work more than three days a week I would happily go to four and so would they (DD who is in kinder room especially) often they beg me to go for extra days - I am hoping that says something about the place they are going to, not how they feel about spending their days with me :-).

Here in the nt our 4yo go 15 hours a week, so 2.5 days.

We are the same as Kim, it's 15 hours per week so 5 hours each session.

I am in NSW. My DD who is 3 started recently one day a week. Very much a school based program 9-3 although at her age they have a sleep. She also goes to daycare 2 days a week as I need the longer hours to go to work.
    Next year when I am on Maternity leave DD will go 2 days a week and not to daycare. When they are 4 they can also catch the school bus. Its only a small county bus and her siblings are already on it so she will probably come home on the bus although I will drive her in.