Thread: kinder photos

Talking kinder photos

we got DD1 kinder photos back today, there great but $63 including the album !
    is that normal sort of price??? i mean it doesnt really matter as we will be buying them but just wanting to gage prices

seems a bit of a rip of seeming school photo arent nearly that expensive.

Yes for some reason kinder photos are expensive.
    They were expensive when the girls were small but well worth it.
    It has been going on for years and they probably get away with it because most parents want them.

thats what i was thinking rivlas!!!
    very expensive ali!! then reprints for the grandparents too!

Kinder photos are such a rip off! Last year (3 y/o kinder) the photographer did a terrible job, I was very disappointed as were a lot of other mums.

This year they got a new photographer who charged nearly DOUBLE what last year's cost . I only ordered the group shot this time around, I wasn't really taken with any of the other shots. I can take just as good photos of DS as they can and I'm not a photographer LOL!

Ours were $35 for a class photo, 8x10 individual photo & 2x 4x6 photos.

Our kindy photos were $36 this year. For that price we got 4 individual photos each with a different pose and the class photo.

Our school photo's next week will be $80. That is for the full package for Lachlan since it is his first year, a basic package for Kameron and then a family photo of the two of them.

DoubleK Guest

wow that does seem a lot!

my brother just did his deb, and got his photos the other day, i think it was $12 each for a 5x7 (or was it 6x8.. cant remember) but you get to chose which ones you want, and send the rest back. and each photo has a close up and a further back version... which was great as i didnt like all the full length ones of me!

i always remember school photos being $25 or so!

Ours are $50 for a full albulm of 12

Sadly, lots of discrepancy between Kindergarten photo prices. Most good quality photographers charge $50-$80 for their 'full album' package.

There are a few I'd recommend over others though...
    Last edited by Aurian; June 26th, 2009 at 06:10 PM.

That's about how much I paid for kinder photos AJP.

Yes that's normal. We just paid $55 for DS2's day care photos. They were really good though.

Unfortunately DS1 missed his kindy photos this year as he threw up when he got to kindy that morning and had to go home. I'm really sad actually - it's his only year at kindy and we won't have any photos of it They had even scheduled the photos around our holiday and we still missed it

oh and that is exactly why I wont get school photos.

I can but a new digital camera with $80... and imagin the prints I could get with that too.

I plan to take a photo of them the first day of each year in their school uniform out the front yard. That's what I did with Jaidan and I'll continue to do it. I take photos of them at least once a week, at least, so I don't see the point in paying that price for school photos.

At my Kindergarten, I respect that a lot of families may not feel comfortable with purchasing a whole album of pictures... so take plenty of individual/group shots with my DSLR during the year and give them to families on a CD/DVD in December.

For privacy reasons, only photos of each particular child can be included (but I have a disclaimer on my centre's privacy form at the beginning of the year explaining about it). On the whole, most families love the idea - especially when they get ~150 pictures at the end of the year.

That's a great idea Aurian. I still like the idea of having a class photo of DS's kindy year though. Day care ones I could live without - in fact this year is the first time we bought them and it was only because they were so good.