thread: Fodmaps

Apr 2009

Fodmaps

Has anyone done a Fodmaps elimination diet? Did you get results? And if so how long did it take?

Thanks

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Jun 2008
    In snuggle land

I'm about to start, for me. Dreading it actually. I'm also comparing it to the GAPs diet, which I suspect may be better.

Jun 2005
    USA

I don't much much about it. Does it treat symptoms or cause?

Jun 2005
    USA

It looks to be a good list of foods to cut out... though I'm not sure what healing is included in the diet? What support is given to heal the gut while these foods are eliminated? Is it presumed the gut heals while getting a rest, or do you go on this diet permanently to treat the symptoms?

Apr 2009

meow its a permanent diet providing he shows improvement while on it.

We weren't told about the gaps diet, just this one. Ill have a google later when I have more time.

Jun 2005
    USA

Look into GAPS. It's a an enhanced, healing version of the specific carbohydrate diet. After a year or so you should be albe to heal the gut of allergies and interolerances and eat a normal, healthy diet. Just eliminating foods wont treat the cause and heal the gut.

Apr 2009

I cant seem to find much information comparing the two... shall keep looking. Would still like to hear from anyone who has done Fodmaps though in particular for children.

Thanks Meow.