Thread: Present ideas for a 9 year old boy?

Default Present ideas for a 9 year old boy?

Hello,

I am very out of touch with what boys of this age group would like. Unfortunately I can't ask his mum and I don't want to ask him as he will say some ridiculous violent video game so I thought I'd ask you lovely ladies. Thanks!

At that age my nephew was obsessed with Lego, still is actually! He used to love the themed Lego such as Star Wars as that's when the movies were out.

My 10yo nieces/nephews all want iTunes vouchers. Has he an iPod Touch or similiar - kind of gives them some control over the pressie too.
    Otherwise some surf branded clothes/havianas were always good - but these kids were super into brands etc. very early.

Try a National Geographic shop for science/experimentation/ magnetic kits, etc. And I second the lego idea - my nephews were still enjoying lego, at 11 and 13.

My 9 yo and all his friends are into Mighty Beans in a big way. And flat caps.

My almost 9yr old is into:

Trash Packs
    Bey Blades
    Might Beanz
    Go Go's
    These new creepy crawly things that when you put them on the wall they crawl down.
    DS games such as Pokemon, Cars2, a racing car game.
    Pokemon swap cards
    Pokemon toys
    Lego
    Teck Decks
    Toy snakes and dinosaurs.
    Something cool from the National Geographic shop, best bet would to be go into one and ask the sales person on what kids of this age are into. They are usually onto it.
    You can buy eggs that you have to dissolve and dinosaur is in it and grows with water.
    A dinosaur excavation kit, it's like a clay block they have to tap and brush away with tools provided.
    Ninjago

HTH

One thing that was an unexpected hit was a 'grow your own crystal' pack. i had zero idea, but he got into it...

had 10 year old boy party last week and got him an australian geographic voucher so he could choose something at the shop (and a moshi monster magazine subscription but you won't know if he is in to that)

There's also a magazine that Australian Geographic do for kids - I can't remember it's name, but maybe a subscription to that would be appreciated?

Wow! Thanks so much for the suggestions. I'm all set to shop