Thread: DD is off. GP?

Default DD is off. GP?

DD has been clingier than usual the last few weeks. Not something I'm overly worried about, but it's really not at all like her.

On Wednesday morning she complained of a sore leg. She had netta on Tues afternoon, so even though it hasn't happened before I put it down to sore muscles. Was fine after that.

Yesterday morning she woke at 5am & came to my room, tossed & turned for a bit, then settled. When it came time to wake up though she wouldn't walk. I carried her to the lounge where she sat for 5 hours. I took her for a bath/toilet, but she didn't move her leg at all in that few hours. I distracted her & we mucked around & tickled & she'd flinch if she moved it, so definitely did hurt. And she never, ever sits like that for hours. By 3pm she was walking on it. Slowly & with a limp but seemed to be coming good.

This morning the limp is slight, but it's still there. Seems like she's fine to move it how ever she pleases, but still isn't keen to bare weight on it. She thinks it's fine, but I can see the limp. She can't really tell me where it hurts. She pointed to the groin/hip & knee on & off through the day.

I spoke to mum yesterday. She thinks it's really odd. At her age even a sore muscle shouldn't be affecting her 2-3 days later. Then she said that since she hasn't been herself lately I should get her checked over.

I just don't know. She's at school today & I mentioned it to her teacher. I guess if it's still affecting her after the weekend I'll have her seen. But am I right to wait? Should I try do something today?? I have no idea.

Default Re: DD is off. GP?

Personally, I would try to get her seen sooner rather than later.
    Sometimes kids can have serious injuries but not act as we would expect them to.
    EG: A young girl in my daughters Taekwondo class has had a mildly sore foot for a month. She can weightbear and its only mildly swollen, but after an MRI it's been determined she needs surgery.

I had growing pains as a young teen and caused many problems with walking for a few months, but I was lucky enough not to need treatment.

If, at the end of the day there is nothing wrong, then that's a bonus!

Good luck I hope everything is ok!

Yeah, I'll take her in. Won't be til next week now though, but I have to go up on Tuesday anyway, so will book her in JIC. Thanks

Now she's not really eating. Hmmm...

Poor little mite. Hopefully she is all better soon.

hope she feels better soon!

Well he's not keen to put her through a blood test yet, but taking her back if anything else worries me & that'll be the next thing.

Glad he knows my kids well enough to know that even when they're sick they don't act it lol. Because he knows just how unusual it is for her to be like that last week.