Thread: Vaginal thrush 20 month old?

Default Vaginal thrush 20 month old?

My dd has a red rash all around her vulva area. It's kinda in an upside down 'U' shape IYKWIM. Doesn't look too red towards the inside and doesn't seem to be bothering her too much.
    I am using Daktozin cream that I already had in the house. But it doesn't seem to be improving. I have booked a doctor appointment for tomorrow morning so just waiting till then. But is a thrush infection common at this age? What else could it be??

Default Re: Vaginal thrush 20 month old?

Has she had Hand, Foot & Mouth? That starts off with a red rash in the groin area. Lots of little red dots.

Yes vic, she has had it before, last year. But no rash in the groin.....

Turns out it is thrush. The Daktozin seems to be clearing it up.

Well it appears the Daktozin isn't clearing it up The doctor and pharmacist recommended to keep using it. but it seems to be getting more red now. I am doing nappy changes every 2 hours and washing with water and having nappy free as often as I can. Might have to take her to the doctors AGAIN. This seems to be happening a lot with every doctor I go to. I always need a second opinion.

Id suggest giving her a baby probiotic to get things fixing from the inside as well making sure there is no fragrances in anything used on that area. Do you use cloth or disposable nappies?

You sure it's thrush and not just nappy rash? Ask for a swab to be done

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Thrush starts in the gut, no matter where it manifests on the body. Whats her diet like?

https://www.bellybelly.com.au/health...trol-of-thrush
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    In 2015 I went Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Whoops I actually wanted to post this article but the URL is going to change shortly, there has been an error. So quickly look at this and I will fix it up after

https://www.bellybelly.com.au/health...l-of-thrush-3/
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    In 2015 I went Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

Ok so it's getting slightly better again. Second doctor said yes it's thrush and there's nothing else to do but keep using anti fungal creams. I use disposables so I have been doing nappy free before her bath for about 30-40 minutes. Problem is she is scratching it when there is no nappy and making it worse. I just try and distract her.
    Her diet is good, I generally don't fee her any junk ( I switched to no/low sugar for myself last year so there's no rubbish in the house unfortunately ) Although she does have a fair bit of bread. Easy sandwiches or toast! Last week it came good and then got worse. So hopefully it will get better this time.

If she's had antibiotics then there's a high chance her gut is imbalanced and probiotics and probiotic foods would help to rebalance it and prevent future thrush infections.

Quote Originally Posted by Frangipani Lou View Post
    If she's had antibiotics then there's a high chance her gut is imbalanced and probiotics and probiotic foods would help to rebalance it and prevent future thrush infections.
    Thanks! No antibiotics, but it's finally gone now after 2 weeks of Daktozin cream