Thread: 1st birthday goodie bag suggestions!!! HELP***

Default 1st birthday goodie bag suggestions!!! HELP***

So DD's first bithday is coming up this weekend

I have been trying to think of something creative to put in the goodie bags, we had a part on the weekend and got...

A Bib (IKEA)
    Tiny Teddies (haven't given to DD as I don't really know if they are suitable yet!)
    Chocolate Frog (gave to DH)

I am going to IKEA today and I was thinking of the finger puppets but thought hmmm they might be too much, unless I could get a packet and break it IYKWIM.

I don't want to spend a lot either...

What did you put in a goodie bag for a 1yr old's party????

TIA
    xxoo

I think breaking up a packet of finger puppets is a good idea. What about printing out some easy to colour in pictures and buying some cheap crayons, you could even break up a big box of crayons. Maybe try to fit 4 smaller pictures per A4 page and make a little book??

For DD's first birthday we had kids aged from 1-4 coming so I wanted to get something I thought would be good and safe for all of them. We ended up putting a castanet (ladybug ones ), a small box of sultanas and a balloon in the bags. All the kids and parents seemed very happy with them. The castanets only cost us $2 each so I thought they were pretty cost effective as well.

I didn't really know what to do for DS first birthday, and I didn't have access to much so I just it a funky balloon to a lollipop. Woolies has the different shape balloons & just got a mega bag of cheap lollipops. That way they didn't get too much & I guess the parents didn't have to stress too much about what they couldn't have in the bag LOL. All the older kids loved it. I must admitt though I loved getting goodie bags when DS was too young & eating it all myself LOL!!!
    For his second party I was better organised & had more access to stuff...but still didn't want to fill the bag with bits & pieces as I didn't know where to start. So I put in a spinning top or bouncy ball that I got a the cheap shop. Then I took the idea of the cup cake decorations from the womans weekly birthday book & iced biscuits instead. They were made to look like lions as we had bit of a jungle theme going & just put them in the bag with the toy.

Jaidans party they got a

balloon
    crayons (I brought a couple of packets of $2 crayons and split them up)
    a freddo frog
    little notebook (again a pack of 5 for $2 and I split them up)

I went to a party and they gave chairs, you know those kids plastic outdoor chairs. Each child got one for the party, and at the end they got to take it home. She paid $5 each for them at a garden store.

We did the little tubs of playdough - kmart/target (pk of 10-12 I think) and balloon plus some little things from Spotlights party section - I think they had little crayons and things

In DS1's I put:

baby primas (as in the ones in the baby aisle)
    balloon
    bubble mix

I think the finger puppet idea is good aslo

ds got some socks in a party bag, they were $2 from toysrus and a great little pesent for him at that age - 8 weeks - the party mum made different bags for the big and little kids. there was also a rubber duckie and a redskin for mummy

At Jack's party we had a huge age range of kids (lots of kids in the family)

For the under 2's we had...

A t-shirt with their names printed on them (made them myself with iron-on transfer paper)
    A bottle of bubble mix (like they have at weddings..very cheap from $2 shops)
    One of those fancy curly straws (very cheap from BigW)

You could also add a fruit stick, baby biscuits, baby muesli bars etc..

We put in Juliette's

* small rubber duck
    * Baby Mum Mums (rice crackers)
    * Fruit Pole (dried fruit stick)
    * spoon & fork set (from the $2 shop)

I think the 1 and 2 yo ones are the hardest as so many of the party bag toys are for over 3's. Most of them don't seem dangerous to me but I don't want to take the chance with other people's children.

Stickers are a hit with all ages - you can buy little books with small pages of stickers for next to nothing. Also balloons - you can buy a packet and put one in each bag. At that age I also put in a box of sultanas.

I think the finger puppet idea is awesome.

We had a duckie-themed party for DD2 and I made some lovely duck biscuits iced in soft pastel colours. Every guest (young and old) took home a cellophane bag with 2 biscuits in it.

Other ideas:
    Tiny box of sultanas
    Bottle of bubbles (at this age they still need help but love the bubbles anyway)
    Small bath squirter toy
    Duplo minifig (can buy them seperately online)

BTW MrsB I *love* the sock idea!!

We had a 2nd birthday party for Claire this year and we made little party bags for her. I used some noodle boxes (i had heaps left over from something else and I wanted to get rid of them) and put in them:
    - some little cheapo toys I bought from a $2 shop (but i think the finger puppets sound cooler!) ,
    - a little bottle of bubbles (what kid doesnt like bubbles? you cna buy a huge box of them at $2 shops for really cheap),
    - balloon
    - and something else but I cant remember what it was...?

Wow there are some awesome ideas!!

I had a big win at IKEA last night, they had the packets of 10 finger pupets reduced from 4.95 to 1.95 so making them less than 20 cents each, I got a heap and will split them across the bags.

Bubbles sound great oo, I did have some left from our wedding but gave them away, so might try and hunt some more down.

Mmm Baby Mum Mum's, Sultanas are cool too

Rayray ~ what are baby primas?

I love rubber rubber duckies too!!

Thankyou so much for all of your ideas!