Thread: 1st birthday themes that will involve the adults?

Default 1st birthday themes that will involve the adults?

Hi all,

My DD's 1st birthday is coming up and Im trying to think of some fun themes to get all the guests involved.

We are having a party with the Mothers Group babies already, so our party will be mainly adults - friends and family (there will be 4 other small babies there).

Im trying to think of fun party themes and games to get the adults involved while keeping it light like a kiddies party. Maybe a dress up party?

Any suggestions for me please?

I am doing a tea party for my 5yr old and all of the mums I have told about it (they are good friends) are asking what will be there for them! LOL, so I think it will be a 'mummy and me' tea party!

My DD's 1st birthday party was a fairy party. Though we were the only two who dressed up!

Though i do like the 'mummy and me' tea party idea! That gets both children and adults involved.

Rainbow party

Traditionally the guest of honour sleeps through their first birthday so why not go with vicars and bunnies?

I'm holding DD's 1st birthday at the local bowls club. There won't be too many little ones, maybe a few and some adults and some older kids, and if the weather is nice we'll have some barefoot bowls set up for everyone to participate in, if they want
    Last edited by PumpkinZulu; March 19th, 2012 at 07:54 PM.

surrounded by textbooks, cat toys and love

We had a backyard BBQ, lots of colourful decorations and we played finska and bouche ball type games. Loads of fun! DS had a great time running away with crucial bits of game equipment

Thanks for the ideas guys, I like the idea of having party games for the adults. Maybe I could do some kiddie games....