Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 5th Birthday Party

Right now she's parked in front of the telly waiting for her bombers... Something came up about birthdays & I asked what she wanted.... Her reply "to go to the footy" told her footy is finished around her birthday... Guess we have to go the next best thing

Sounds awesome zf, it seems to be something your dds would absolutely love. So if you've got the money, go for it. Seems like an experience for your whole family not just dd, so therefor you're getting more value for your money.

Think I might have DP on board.... Eek!

I've emailed a couple of people to see if there is ANY way we can get her fave player to sign her top before her birthday... I doubt it will happen but no harm in asking right?

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Go for it!!! We have done a self cater party at a hall we hired, a play centre, gymanastics party and hired someome to do games etc and hired hall and self catered and all were $400 - $500. So sounds awesome for what you get!!

I think I've convinced DP so I will book it Monday

Quote Originally Posted by ~ Zarava Flutterby ~ View Post
    I think I've convinced DP so I will book it Monday
    yup - lock it in while you've got him onside lol
    pay a non-refundable deposit so he can't change his mind lol

oh my goodness what an awesome birthday party idea!!! Seeing how much your girls love their team I wouldnt have hesitated at booking it in Its something that they will cherish forever, and the adults will have an awesome time too!
    Price wise, well its kinda priceless.
    Book it in now, before the opportunity escapes

Hopefully DP doesn't change his mind b/w now & Monday... In excited for her!

Can I come? It sounds awesome

If you can afford to do it then go for it. If it will stretch the purse a little then I would do something simpler

In all honesty kids remember birthday parties regardless of how much it costs. My ds2 is still talking about his birthday party a few years ago which I was disappointed about as it rained and away went the jumping castle and cue the local hall.

This year for my dds 6th. We are having a joint party with 2 of her classmates as they all turn 6 within 3 weeks of each other. Saves on costs.

Your daughter will enjoy a party regardless of cost or size. It's their special day and they know it

I think that sounds like a great party (but that's not surprising considering the theme!!). I always spend far more than I expect even if we just have a few family members over for dinner for birthdays.

re-the guernsey, I wonder if there are any more open training sessions? that's sometimes a good way to get signatures, although tough to get there sometimes

Yeah we missed the last open session... We live 45 min away too which doesn't help.

I've e-mailed to book looking at it there are probably going to be 25+ children invited (that includes my 2) and with that I am assuming close to 30 adults - so if we can get away with it for under $600 then it works out at say $10 a head that's not bad and cheaper than a play centre.... I just have to keep reminding myself of that!

She is going to freak out!
    It will be the birthday of a life time, I am also hoping there is an open training session between now and then, if there is I might ask FIL to go down and get something signed for her and that can be a present from him... he lives closer too so would be easier.

Very exciting!!!

TFB- don't let the prices scare you that much. It's a lot but $500 is like spending about 200 pounds.

ZF FWIW, we just spent $300 on food alone for DD2's party on Sunday. 25 people came and it was at home. Add in grog, lolly buffet, cake, decorations, popcorn machine hire, carnival games and prizes.......

Well lets just say your party is VERY reasonable!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Miss.September; July 30th, 2013 at 09:57 AM.

Thanks Hun... I think so too... I'm quite excited for her!

if we didn't live an hour or so away, I'd offer to try and get the signature.

if (hopefully) they make finals then they should do an open training session.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast