Thread: Cake decorating - the essentials!

Default Cake decorating - the essentials!

Hey ladies,

I have been doing my own type of cake decorating for a while, but have never had a lesson. I went to a community class during the week and am hooked, so will be going every week. This has opened my eyes to all of the exciting things I can BUY!!! But before I go bananas, tell me what you find most useful for your cake decorating needs! Tools, icings, etc.

one of those lazy susan things u put in the middle of the dining table with sauces and stuff on it, makes icing heaps easier when u can just spin ur cake rather than lifting and spinning it, for me im more likely to drop it when i pick it up to move it so the lazy susan saves my cakes!

Can you believe I've been thinking of getting a turntable thing to do that, and it didn't even occur to me that mum gave me a lazy susan for my birthday which I haven't even used and can't see myself using - 2 birds, 1 stone - thanks Crumpet!

We should arrange all that things which we need in cake decoration. Like cream, Chocolate cone, sweets, jellies, flowers etc.. It totally depend on the event for which you are going to decorate the cake...

Scavenger Hunt Idea
    Last edited by anora; September 10th, 2011 at 04:26 PM.