Thread: Childrens Party Bags

Default Childrens Party Bags

My DS is turning one soon and we will be having a party for him. There will be quite a few kids attending (ranging from 3 to 10 years old) and I wanted to make up party bags.

I don't mind putting in a couple of lollies but I don't really want a bag entirely filled with sugar. Does anyone have any suggestions of a few things that I could add to the party bag. I would like it to be unisex and preferably every bag to be the same, although I might make up a different bag for the 10 year old. I don't want to spend alot of money either.

I'm really stuck because this is my first time doing this.

For my DDs party bags i went to Big W and went to the party section and got a pack of wands, bubbles, slinkies, whistles, bouncey balls, poppers and one bag of lollies which i evenly divided in each of the bags. They ended up with 2-3 lollies each.

I LOVE doing party bags!

juice box (or tetra milk which now come in flavours!)
    popcorn
    stickers
    bubbles
    balloons
    glow sticks
    party favours (super cheap at Kmart)
    erasers
    play doh (you can get party packs at various toy shops_
    coloring sheets
    pencils/crayons

Bouncy balls, bubbles, party poppers, glow sticks.

Lombards have great party bag toys.

You could put a Pez dispenser in with one refill and fill up with party bag toys with the suggestions that other's have made

Those little boxes of sultanas

Not much more I can contribute after these fantastic ideas but balloons, small bouncy balls and transfer tattoos are a hit at my house

DD got a packet of seeds in a bag last year, she loved planting them and getting flowers :-)

helium ballon to take home.

All great ideas!!! Thanks so much for the suggestions I hadn't thought of any of those. I'm hopeless

I'm a huge fan of not sending bags of plastic junk home to my friends houses for them to throw out!
    I love party bags that are different.
    Seeds or bulbs are a hit - if the party is soon give each kiddie a daffodil bulb that will sprout in spring.
    Crayons/pencils
    Mr men book
    Fridge magnet
    Little packet of tissues ( or a hankie for that matter)
    Or a $2.00 scratchy (there could be a very happy party goer!)

Or I have seen really cute calico bags with a picture printed on them that become the present

Do a search for party favor on etsy or madeit and you will get heaps of ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Muppity View Post
    Or I have seen really cute calico bags with a picture printed on them that become the present
    we are doing this - there will be limited stuff with it - cookies, bubble wand - maybe a pencil or something - maybe a lollypop if i feel like it at the time
    her first birthday we did hair clips for the girls, little books etc - but we also had kids ranging from a few months up to 16, so i made all the bags up for individuals and put stuff appropriate to age. sultanas, fruit bars, lcm bars for older kids, popcorn/chips. last year we did more junkie stuff. this year we're getting cookies from becca's biscuits, so we won't be putting much other food stuffs.

the calico bags were from an ebay seller i found - she printed them with a personal design that i made up, and sent them out within a few days, for about $1 or just over for each bag