Thread: Don't want to offend......

Question Don't want to offend......

My DD is turning 4 in October....I am planning to have a party at a play centre...
    Is it rude not to invite the younger siblings...of course they are welcome to come but at $15-18 a head I don't want to have to pay for them

I would be inviting around 12-14 kids but if i was to pay for siblings it would be more like 20-22 kids???

What does everyone think? I don't want the parents to be offended that I didn't invite all their kids?

Or should I just pay for everyone??

not rude at all, i have taken my son to a party while taking my dd and other son shopping in mean time not rude at all.

It's not rude hun, people understand what it costs. You could put something on the invitation such as "you are welcome to pay for admission for xxx's siblings if you would like". I have paid for DS2 to go along to a play centre party before and didn't mind at all. DS1 didn't end up eating anything so DS2 even got some of the party food!

dont pay for them all, and parents shouldnt expect u to. Just pay for the child whos name is on the invitation. IF u have put all kids on the invitations, then u have invited them to the party, so u should pay for them. Does that make sensE? If u have done this, just give the parents of these kids a call and ask them to pay for their youngest.

Thanks MM- I have not sent out invites yet...so I will just invite the older kids.

THanks for the replies.....

smiles4u Guest

Thumbs up

Pinny-mum yeh that sounds like the BEST option

... Like most here mentioned parents wouldn't expect you to pay for their siblings on top of your expenses already so therefore wouldn't be offended if their siblings weren't invited.

id just invite the older kids too pinny!

I haqd a similar party for my sons 5th.. I invited the kids he wanted and the parents paid for the siblings. not rude at all