Thread: DS' Cooking Party... ideas?

Default DS' Cooking Party... ideas?

DS Turns 3 soon and we are holding a Cooking Party. We are only having about 7 kids over (not couting younger siblings) and their parents and these are my ideas so far-
    -Rolling out pizza dough and topping the pizzas to eat
    -decorating cookies/ ginger bread men with icing/lollies (to take home in the party bag)
    -donuts strung up to do the 'eat the donut' game (??????)
    Every kid will get their own simple apron (which I am going to make) and they can decorate with their name using puffy paint (maybe I will do this bit??)
    "lolly bags' will include a little rolling pin and cookie cutter.
    Apart from this we will have your standard party food...

Any other ideas????

Thanks,

I would say thats plenty, if you think about it some of those activities might take 15-20 mins so I'd say thats fine. If you have too many the party will go all day We went to a cooking party at a party place and all they did was the cookies.

If you want a food related game for prizes you could do a "Guess the food" game, have some tinned spaghetti in a bowl and they can feel it and see what it is, or some grapes or even chopped potato. Do it in another room so that they can't tell the other kids and the others can't see, but whoever gets the most right wins.

String fruit loops on string or elastic to make necklaces or bracelets.
    Pasta faces on a paper plate using coloured pasta
    Making things/shapes using gluggy rice
    Letting them experience the feeling of goo. Messy but kids love the queer texture

Ohh yeah, I really like the idea of the fruit loop bracelets- Thanks!

smiles4u Guest

Smile

My DD had for her 3rd birthday party recently which i made but i'm sure 3year olds would be fine making them too ... is " Tea-Cups & Saucers " ... tic toc biscuit (saucer) on the bottom then a marshmallow -pascalls are best as have flat top & bottom (cup) then place on top of the marshmallow a choc freckle (froth)

Don't ask me why they are called that as they look more like cappucinno's ...

They can be secured together with very thick icing or let them be as they are

You can place 1/2 a pink musk lifesaver on the side as a handle but might be fiddly for lil lids to try & stick with the icing

They were an absolute hit with both boys & girls at her party
    Last edited by smiles4u; May 16th, 2009 at 08:15 PM.