Thread: First Birthday Present Flip Out Sofa or Fairy Costume ???

Default First Birthday Present Flip Out Sofa or Fairy Costume ???

What do you think would be best for a girl for her first birthday?

A flip out sofa (she doesn't have one)

OR

A fairy princess costume?

OR if you have any other ideas for a 1st birthday pressie that would be great. I have left this to the last minute because I just don't know what to get and only have a few days to get something.

I think both of those are great. I'd probably go the sofa. They are so useful!

Grandson has the sofa and has used it heaps, so that's my vote...

I'd go the sofa. My DD used to sit on it and play, then she started to 'own' it when she was tired and have a nap on it.

My DD really wasn't into dressing up at that age. It was more for my benefit, LOL.

I'd get the sofa, we got one for Pie's first birthday & she loves it, won't let any of the bigger kids on it lol.

Agree with Doing my Best, I don't think a costume has the same appeal at that age.

OK decision made. It looks like I should go with the sofa. Thanks heaps for your replies. I will go and get it tomorrow

We just bought our DD the ikea mini table and chairs for her first birthday... she loves it so much more than i thought she would. She's happy to just sit on the chair, and let that be an activity in itself! So I'd go the sofa out of those choices too

The other thing we bought which was a huge hit was a ride on plane, it's got a handle on the back so she can push it along or we can push her along and when she's a bit bigger she'll be able to do it with her feet too, she love love loves it!

Balmaingal - I have never seen a ride on plane. Where did you get it from? Sounds good.

It's from Toys r Us. I would never have thought of it but she was magnetically drawn to it the moment she saw it. It has buttons on the steering wheel which makes the propeller light up and turn, plays music and has a bear on the front which pops up and down. It has been the most played with birthday present for sure.

She also got a paddling pool and some ball pond balls which have been a big hit too, although it takes up a fair bit of room!

I was going to get the sofa from Toys r us so I'll have a look tomorrow and see if I can find the plane. I also looked at the pools with balls.

OMG my DD got a flip out lounge for her 1st birthday today....and she thinks she is just made! My vote goes to the sofa

My son loved his flip-out sofa for his first birthday! The other thing he loved was his rocking horse ...

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

We have a sofa and both boys love it!!!!

Dress ups are a waste so young my 2 yr old not into dress ups yet (apart from ear head bands and shoes)

DS1 got a ride on Thomas tank for his first birthday, VTEC walker are 2 most used things.

The sofa. DD uses hers pretty much every day

Quote Originally Posted by Lukesmum View Post
    I was going to get the sofa from Toys r us so I'll have a look tomorrow and see if I can find the plane. I also looked at the pools with balls.
    How did you get on at Toys r Us?

I got the sofa Thanks everyone for all your help. I couldn't find the plane though. I'm going to go back tomorrow to have a better look when I don't have the kids. Will let you know if I find it. I think I will ask at the counter because it sounds interesting.