Thread: help me with ideas

Default help me with ideas

so cause I am a control freak and will be heavily pg am trying to organise Jacks party now its not till the 3rd Oct but the more I can organise now the better I reckon

so am thinking of maybe a construction/tonka truck theme, not real big on themes normally but I was thinking this would be fun

it will be a mix fo boys and girls ranging in age from 1 - 3 3/4 yrs

I'd love to do a pinata but I can't work out how to get past the original balloon shape when I google pinatas how do you make it into the shap you want or would it be easier to make the round one and decorate with tonka/construction stickers I also want it to be a pull string version (HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

was thinking of getting some cheap little construction hats from $2 shops as party hats

what about a cake ???

ok I need HELP!!!!!!!!!! please give me you ideas

Look up papier mache, that should give you some techniques for the pinata.

Keep an eye out for cheap pinatas at cheapy shops then decorate yourself. I've seen some for under $10.

Love the hard hat idea for party hats!! Something that won't be wasted at all...the kids will love them.

The cake can just be a slab one iced to look like a construction site. With mini earthmoving trucks etc. You can use mini violet crumbles or those tee vee snacks as boulders and other lollies to simulate dirt and rocks. Green or chocolate icing perhaps?

Lolly bag could just be a toy truck type thing...girls love to play with these too as they don't often get the chance.

Good luck and hope some others have some great ideas for you.

Oh BTW...don't fret that you are planning it now. I started planning my DDs 2nd bday nearly 2 months ago...(yep thats right 4 months early). I just had the idea and knew that I would procrastinate a bit so decided to get in early.

I don't know if you have any of the Womans Weekly birthday cake books (I have them all LOL) one of them has a yellow truck in it....I was going to make it for DS birthday. From memory it had hard icing, but no reason you couldn't adapt & use the butter cream...that's what I was thinking of doing.

I like the idea with the hats.

thanks girls keep em coming

Erin I do have the books but do you think I can find them LOL

Rach, Sarah h, did a cake with a truck theme if you can find it in the gallery.
    As for the pinata, think about it without a balloon in mind, you can add other shapes to it and paper mache over the top. We made a mini castle for DD's birthday party a few years ago, and we used toilet paper rolls then the paper mache over the top then painted it.
    what about getting some thick cardboard, or even a cardboard box, draw the outline of a truck for the 2 sides, put a cardboard base on it,with a strip of cardboard or some string so you can pull on the base to open it up for the lolly fall if needed, make the wheels seperately then glue them on just before painting, maybe if doing a dump truck you could fill the back with some crunched up newspaper before doing the paper mache over the top. If you do it upside down, then you can add the treats so they sit under the paper? IYKWIM??

ok, sorry I tell a lie....I just had a look & the what I'm thinking of is actually in another birthday cake book I bought LOL.....I'm a little addicted to making Birthday cakes. Though one of the WW books does have a hard hat cake.

I sought of understand Nic help me find the gallery I seem to have lost the link

Erin cheers still can't find books but a few friends have them so will get them to look for me, though I hard hat cake does sound cool *decisions decisions*

Oopsy! Didn't realise the Gallery was so hard to find again BUT i found it http://forums.bellybelly.com.au/foru...php?photo=5935

nic

thanks Nic