Thread: Help me PLEASE Trucks trucks & more trucks

Default Help me PLEASE Trucks trucks & more trucks

My little man is going to be one in 3 weeks time and he LOVES trucks, Im making him a tonka truck cake but i cannot for the life of me find any kind of truck party stuff can anyone help me out?

Invites would be simple enough to do yourself, but as for the rest... challenging!

if you could find some plain paper cups, you could stick cutout pic of a truck on the side. For plates, you could do the same, with smaller pics (maybe three or four around the rim).

Maybe use toy trucks (with tip trays) instead of bowls?

I'm pretty sure there's a truck cake in the Woman's Weekly Birthday Cake Book.

Here's a pic of it WW truck cake

I am a BIG fan of putting stickers on plastic cups, especially throw away ones. we use to put star stickers on cups for DD's birthday's and all the kids loved it, so much in fact that they would have to get a new cup every time they needed a drink lol..I didn't mind though.

You could do a truck version of pin the tail on the donkey..so you could do pin the wheel on the truck, or pin the number plate on, windscreen?, sticker up the side of the truck? Or every child could have their own individual piece and see what the truck looks like at the end.

Poster/s of trucks hanging up around the party area.

cut outs of trucks hanging from string. We did this with DD one year, and cut out different princess tiara's, 3 different designs I copied from party tiaras, and then transferred onto some cardboard and decorated with glitter glue. Hung from the ceiling with some glittery string stuff.

you could have some truck pictures printed off for the kids to colour in.

If you are doing a Tonka truck cake, maybe you could have special yellow "Tonka" napkins Extend it to yellow and black balloons, and maybe draw a tyre track across one in every 3 yellow balloons?

A little area for the kids to play with some dirt and trucks?

I can't think of what you could use as a treat bag though???
    eta: Depending upon number of kids and budget, you might be able to get some cheap 'hard hats' from a cheapy shop and put a little bag of goodies inside the hard hat for when they leave. Imagine little hard hats sitting upside down on a table at the end of the party! how cute!! maybe some little buckets? Our local woolies had these little jelly buckets last week for a couple of bucks, and it even had a little shovel with it too. Or just some plain chinese containers (cheap shop again) with some truck stickers all over the outside.

Nic

Thanks for the awesome ideas guys

Quote Originally Posted by Tinks View Post
    I'm pretty sure there's a truck cake in the Woman's Weekly Birthday Cake Book.

Here's a pic of it WW truck cake
    That looks fantastic, unfortunatley im not that talented

i'll pm you a link

I made a truck cake, but used rolled icing & licorice (and chocolate jam-rolls for wheels). It was surprisingly easy once you've carved the cake. Although I rolled the icing a bit thin & got some cracks on the edges. But that made it look my authentic - it was an underground truck & they always smash into the walls!