Thread: Help me with some great kids party food ideas

Default Help me with some great kids party food ideas

So far I was thinking
    tiny teddies driving mars bars
    Marshmellw treat pops
    Cakes made in ice cream cones
    Tick tock biscuit 'cup of tea'

I have no savory ideas though! I also want a good idea to incorporate fruit.

I want things that look visually appealing.

Any ideas?

Fruit kebabs? Not bbq'ed or anything..or I've seen some cute photos of fruit platters made to look like funny faces.
    Mini quiches?

Yeah include some fruit- you could use flower shape cookie cutters to cut watermelon and pineapple etc out

fruit platter rainbow
    colored/layered jelly in a mold or in cups
    chocolate crackles (or, if you're like me, mars bar slice mix in patty pans - easier and yummier IMO!)

savoury wise you could do pizza pinwheels, party pies, sausage rolls, mini quiches, ****tail franks

i guess i tend to think of hot food when i think savoury - but you could do chips/twisties/cheezels and things too (we do a mix of both - the hot food always goes down better than the cold - but DD's bday is in winter...)

I do fruit kebabs and use paddle pop sticks because I'm scared of kids running and getting skewered with the sharp sticks (worry wort much?) I use a star cutter for rock melon, ball watermelon, a strawberry and a marshmallow. I was stoked that at both times dd1 took them to Kindy for end of germ party almost every kid had one. Sometimes I drizzle with a bit of melted chocolate

Hunks of watermelon always go down well

Fruit jelly cups

Mini quiches, little boys, dip platter with carrot and cucumber sticks popular although depending on the age you might get a bit of double dipping

I'm thinking of doing individual lunch boxes for the kids at dd1s birthday

Homemade pizza here is alway a hit. We make it on a rectangle tray, so we can cut it into strips, which is easier for small kids to handle.

Homemade cheese twists - puff pastry brushed with egg, sprinkled with cheese, top with more pastry, press. Cut into thin strips, grab ends, twist and bake. Great to make in advance

oh yeah pizza is really popular - we make it on pita bread and cut it into small pieces that are bit sized - goes down a treat

If you want really creative stuff, go to Pinterest and type in the search bar kids party food. You will be AMAZED!

Mini quiches and zucchini slice are always a hit. And homemade sausage rolls

I always do sandwhiches. not very visually appealing but healthy.