Thread: How do you entertain 15 kids ranging from 1 - 12 at a first birthday party???

Default How do you entertain 15 kids ranging from 1 - 12 at a first birthday party???

This is my delima.. how am i going to do it? What can i do? I live out in the sticks aswell. I dont want the whole focus to be on them ,as they are just family IYKWIM and its DD's first birthday. But i can see them getting very bored.... so ideas please... what can i do...????

hire someone?? something??? lol (ive already thought of a clown and jumping castle)

What about some balloons that the older kids can fill themselves with water and have a water bomb fight? Letting them fill the balloons themselves will help entertain them a bit lol.

A bit of plastic on the ground for a water slide?

What about something like twister?

Maybe bake some cupcakes, provide some lollies for them to decorate their own mini cakes (DD's class did this at school last term, and named it The Masterchef cupcake cook off"

DVD's, music, playstation/wii etc??

If it was me, I would tailor the party to suit my one year old and not worry too much about the older kids. After all, it is not a party for older children, it is a first birthday party and it should be expected that therefore the focus is on the birthday girl. Don't go to the expense of hiring things just for the sake of the older kids - unless you really want to because your DD would enjoy it.

Otherwise I have found in the past that simple (and cheap) games like pass the parcel always go well - even the oldest kids will still want to play, and they can help the younger kids with it at the same time. Also something like a pinata would probably be popular. You can get the ones with ribbons attached, so that all the kids have to do is pull on the ribbons to break it open - a bit safer than bashing it with something!

Ditto what Nic said, great ideas!!

Do you have a toy library in town?? They hire out jumping castles here for $25!!! And lots of outdoor stuff too...

hi
    im in agreeance with Bron ... its a 1st birthday not a 10th... this may sound harsh but forget the other children and focus on your little girl.. I have children ranging from 17 14 9 and 13months and on his b/day the older kids(who came and were family) did there thing and the younger ones played with Ali and each other.... Also if there family i would be telling them for them to organise their own kids ...or if they are interesting in a jumping castle ask for some money towards it..... REMEMBER a 12 month old still needs sleeps so dont be disappointed if she crashes from excitement half way through the day !

thanks heaps for your advice girls. I dont want to make the day about them but coz i DD will only be one.. i dont have alot of kids stuff accumilated that they can play with. Not only that, i dont really want them to play with her stuff coz some of them are ruff heads.

Didnt even think of the toy library!!! yeah i can get heaps of stuff from there, atleast that will keep them out of the house.

Not too sure if it would be too cold for a water fight.. 22nd october?? Im sure their parents would be very impressed. Yep a couple of the boys will be able to play the playstation.. aged 6,8,9. so thats them sorted.

Personally i dont think Mia will be too fussed who there.. whats there etc. Coz as bubno.3 said, she will still want a sleep and mummy cuddles etc etc. SO she prob wont even be there half the time!

Just a thought Hol I know you mentioned it at the start but there is a guy here in num that hires jumping castles and sumo suits etc - let me know if you need his details.
    Also we went to my nieces 2nd bday on the weekend and we held it at kidstown in Mooroopna, it has everything for all ages and mini train rides etc, all the kids loved it. Google kidstown - at least you wont have to do any cleaning up etc, they have BBQ there too and on weekends there is usually a jumping castle and a huge inflatable slide thingy.

angela76 Guest

Hi there
    I'm in a similar situation for my three year old's upcoming birthday.
    My plan is to get one of those large coloured parachutes (used at gymbaroo), with a few toys and balls etc and we can play some games eg. jumping joeys on the bed and remove a joey for each time... that's all I have so far but I've seen loads of sites on the web for games. I've been told you can buy the parachutes online for ~$20 so if that's true it will be much cheaper than professional enteratainment!
    I figure it should be fun for the range of ages and maybe even some of the parents can boost numbers if needed. I'm just hoping they wont get bored after 5 minutes!
    Anyway.. just an idea for you...

ps. don't forget to get those multi-pack bubbles.. always a hit at birthdays.

How about letting the older children in the group help out with playing games and things with the younger kids. They can be in charge of the music for the games you play - e.g. musical chairs, pass the parcel, dance and freeze. Maybe they can organise a treasure hunt too.
    You could put out a table with paper, pens/pencils, glue and collage materials and they could decorate their own party hats.
    I made a fishing game once for one of my dd's parties - i cut out paper fish in different colours and attached a paper clip to each of them. I made fishing rods out of bamboo stakes from bunnings, added string and put a small magnet on the end. They had to go fishing for small prizes. They had heaps of fun.

Good luck!