Thread: morning party?

Question morning party?

DD2 's 1st birthday is in feb and we are having a party, i did want to have it at a hall/venue etc.. due to the potential for it to be hot, i cant find a sutible venue for my needs so am thinking if just having it at home but doing it in the morning instead, say 10am to try and avoid the heat, anyone been to a party this early?? would it be ok?

Yep I have and I think that would be fine. And specify on the invite its a morning tea/brunch party! You could even do Sunny Side up cupcakes (with white icing and a peach halve), cheese & ham/bacon croissants (easy to put together the night before!), fruit platters, and then the usual party fair. And don't forget the guava and sparkling for the grown ups! YUM YUM!

The kids will have fun no matter what time of day it is!

morning parties are great cos the kids are in fine form and are not stroppy, plus they can all go home for their rest/naps....

i'd say go for it.

I think that's a great time, I love stuff in the morning. Wears DS out & then we all go home for an arvo nap!!

I'm going to have DS's 2nd birthday party in the morning, like the others have said, wears them out in the morning then they sleep in the arvo!

we had ds1's 2nd birthday at 10am and i think it was fantastic. i think parents are up early anyway and looking to get 'out and about' with the kids before they get tired. then they can come home for arvo sleeps and relax. personally i think it's way more convenient than an afternoon party.

awesome!!!!!! i think the morning party will be a goer then!!
    cai keep the food suggestions coming! i was worried about what to do food wise due to the heat!

Sorry I haven't replied back. Brain still working on the venue. Does the play centre allow you to bring in your own food? That is another option as some of these places might allow you to bring your own food and you pay for the venue.
    Long time since I had to think about these things.

awwww thanks rivlas!!
    no they generally dont, the other thing is they get very hot in the actual play equipment...sigh.. tis all tooooo hard

ETA i also thought i could use the money i was going to use to hire somewhere on things like a slushy macchine etc.... one for the kids and one for the adults!!

That's a good idea and if it's really hot some buckets of water.
    A morning one would be great as the heat will not be as bad.
    Let me know if I can be of any help

Chocolate coated waffles! You get some pre made waffles and using cookie cutters cut out shapes, then dip in melted chocolate and allow to set on a cookie sheet. Yoghurt pops if its hot...

Will think of some more...

smiles4u Guest

Thumbs up

I went to a 1st birthday party at 11am on a Sunday in March (a very hot day) ... and to be honest it would have been better to be at 10 or say 10.30am as the party went on until 1pm and we were in sun with stinking hot heat, and one years old cranky & to top it off wasps too.

If i were you i'd be all for doing it earlier if the weather is going to hot

.... Frog in a Pond (choc freddo in jelly) went down an absolute treat with kids & adults alike at this party (DP & i said we never loved jelly so much until this day)

DD1 is also a Feb baby and we have had her 1st, 2nd & 3rd birthdays starting at 9.30! It ensures we get the prime spot at the playground and all the kids are home in time for a midday nap.

We always do fruit platters and little sandwiches.