Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Saturday Afternoon Nightmare!

Red face My Saturday Afternoon Nightmare!

Well I have this beautiful friend who is going through some health issues with her little boy. She is always someone in their helping others, her & her husband give generously through their local business to charity... She's just one of my gorgeous girls.

So, her daughter was to have a birthday party yesterday & I offered to do the cake. I bake. I do cakes easily - not so much this friend. I felt glad I could give back to her...

So, yesterday I was sipping a cuppa, writing my Christmas letter (kids were with their Dad) savouring peace... Then the young woman who babysits for this friend was at my door - out of context it took some time for me to cotton on who it was... I had no idea why she was at my door..

She said... S has sent me around for the cake. OMG THE cake... I forgot. OH MY! It was 1pm - party to start at 2.30pm.
    I hastily turned on the oven & said - don't panick I will have it done...

FAR OUT... It was a dolly cake - you know with the barbie stuck in the top... All piped to make the skirt. Luckily it's easy.. I whipped up the cake plonked it into the oven.... Watching as it cooked. I opened the oven to check if it was cooked - in my haste I had neglected to put it on a tray - the tinb for this cake has about a 5 cm diameter... The half cooked cake spilt onto the oven door... .. I slopped it back in witha spatula... OMG..

Anyway at 2pm it was ready. I flung it in the freezer... I slowly piped the skirt (I think cutting the bit out to put the barbie in the top helped cool it... Foze it some more and attatched some icing flowers and those little silver balls....

She was ready at 2.45... I cannot believe I pulled it off. I was so dang nervous & I felt so awful for forgetting.

I'll have to tell her the story now the party is over...!

OMG that would have been stressfull. But well done for getting it done in time and helping your friend out

Wow well done for getting it done so quickly! what a beautiful friend you are x

oh my goodness!! I can't bake at all, but I am so impressed that you could make any cake that quickly, let alone a complicated decorated one!! Well done hun, I think you might be my new hero LOL!

Well done!
    Theres no way i could have done that!!

You rock!! Talk about grace under fire!

Wow!!! Well done! Your heart must have been racing a million miles a sec!!!

Wow that is a stellar effort... we all forget things sometimes but not many would pull out that sort of effort!

Awww all I could think of is a little 6 year olds dispair if her barbie cake didn't materialise...
    Just goes to prove what you can do when you put your mind to it!

LOL... ahh I just had the whole mental image of that in my head!!!! You are such a good soul - and work well under pressure

I do work well under pressure - I was actually saying that to Gloria (the dog) as I was slapping flour all over the kitchen!

I have to say - you are a legend.

WOW!!!! Well done

OMG - I just dream I could whip up a birthday cake like that!! You rock darl!!

Oh that is hilariously awesome! WTG hon! Supreme effort! Glad it all worked out in the end.

That is a seriously decent effort. I break out in a sweat just looking at cake recipes...

Hahaha fantastic! Well done what an effort...have you thought about going into the last-minute-cake-making business???

that is a super woman effort! not just a cake but a fully decorated one!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast