Thread: Party help...

Default Party help...

We are having DS's 2nd birthday on Nov 7th and Im starting to gather everything together and would love some help incase Ive' missed something,

I have altogether balloons, happy birthday banner, serviettes, plates, cups and plastic cutlery. I need to buy streamers and more balloons and a number 2 candle.....
    I will be hiring a cake tin to make two cakes, one for his birthday on the 2nd and then freeze one for the party.
    I have a list of food to make the day before the party

Mini quiches
    Jelly cups
    Honey joys
    Rum balls without the rum
    And chocolate spiders. I might make some two days before If I plan it well enough
    Cut up frozen oranges to freeze

And food to make the day of the party, before the party starts at 11.30am

I need to buy fresh bread, but hubby can get that for me whilst I'm doing the rest....
    Ice the cake and decorate
    Make selection of sandwiches, cut cheeses, cabonossi etc.
    make fairy bread , fresh!
    cut up all the onions for the sausage sandwiches

I need to do a shop for lolls and chips etc yet but I have a week and a bit, it's just that MIL is coming next week and will take up all my time, rather than helping me to get ready, so I want to be prepared.

we will need to take down spare chairs and set up a few extra tables on the day but that is all organized.

So I have lolly bags to do yet and make food , have I forgot anything that you can see I might need at the beach, or need to organize beforehand?

Thanks ladies in advance, sorry it's so long I'm all over the place lately

I have Tupperware containers with lids lol, ready To go as we will be taking everything to the BEACH, for the Party.

what about a large bottle of suncream? or is an area where midgies or other biting things are? and I might have missed it but what about drinks? am I being too anal now? lol

Hahah I forgot about drinks, I might go to big w or something and get some cans an juice bottles for the esky...and ice on the day lol..... Sunscreen will be put on ds and me before we go but everyone else is black lol ( I mean olive skinned ) I will also pack hats

We haven't had a problem there yet with bugs..... But good idea ,thanks oh and I will pack a heap of towels for swimming etc

Me again, the big day is approaching fast and I have to get everything ready tomorrow, make up lolly bags, plan the pass the parcel, pack some games that are stable for two year olds and get everything ready, because on Friday I need to start baking and Saturday too and my family are arriving sat afternoon so I want to be prepared ....

Any ideas for games for several two year olds?

I think they're all a bit young really for games at two. What they'd love tho, is facepainting! Tigers, butterflies.. you get the drift. Would definitely be a hit if you're willing..
    Another idea, get some helium (i have no idea on the spelling, sorry!!) balloons, you can get them for less than $2 each a spotlight. Get a bunch with some weights to avoid them blowing away. Would also be a big hit
    HTH

Thanks , what a great idea

I'm going to pack the portable cd player and do only pass the parcel. We did it last year,( ds was only one) but the adults had a laugh!
    And then there's always dancing for the little ones, ds boogies every time he hears a tune!
    we will be at a park/ the beach so they can swim and ride bikes, play ball etc

Thank you