Thread: Pink Ideas??

Default Pink Ideas??

DD is turning one soon and i want to have a party with a pink theme.
    I have pink lemonade, angel cakes with pink cream, fairy biscuits with pink icing..
    Any other suggestions????

Pink marshmellows, strawberries plain or dipped in pink chocolate (more for parents though)musk sticks, Toblerone dip with pink food colouring

A beetroot dip could be made or brought thats pink and savoury, sweet chilli phille cheese and bickies.

I don't know how appropraite some of those suggestions would be for children but the adults will like them

Fairy floss, Pink lamingtons, pink lemonade (do they still make that?) or pink creamy soda, watermelon

ooohhhh yum....
    keep the ideas coming girls! x

Strawberry milk, cookies with red food colouring to make them pink, pink snack packs (custard stuff), strawberry yoghurt, pink meringues.

I've heard of this one too which would be cool... Make pink chips by par boiling potatoes with pink colouring then cut really thin using peeler, then spray with oil and bake in oven.

Oh & pink salad - a tin of whole baby beetroot chopped up, chopped boiled eggs, chopped cheddar cheese & whole egg mayo. Very pink!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah_H View Post
    I've heard of this one too which would be cool... Make pink chips by par boiling potatoes with pink colouring then cut really thin using peeler, then spray with oil and bake in oven.

YUM!!

Don't forget pinkish (ok well red) foods like watermelon and strawberries...it will fit right in with the pink, I promise!!

There is a whole pink-themed party at the start of the Women's Weekly perfect parties book. They do things like pink meringues, and frosting the rims of glasses with pink sugar. They also do little heart shaped ham sandwiches, you can see the ham thru the hole and it looks pink too.

smiles4u Guest

Lightbulb

Pink Teacup & Saucer Treats (or look more like little Cappucino's ) ...

... Make some icing very thick to stick a Pink (must be Pascalls brand as have flat ends) Marshmallow (as the CUP) to a Pink or White iced Tic Toc Biscuit (as the SAUCER) then stick a Freckle lolly (as FROTH) on top of the marshmallow, then cut a Pink Musk Lifesaver in half & stick one half to the side (as the HANDLE) ... If you have or know someone you can borrow from a toy plastic tea-set tray & teapot, especially the Fisher Price one that is musical it will look FANTASTIC (i did for my DD's 3rd birthday party & they were a hit, even the boys loved it ... and can make them the night before the party & put in an airtight container)

Fantastic idea Lorelle! Is the icing you use to stick them together just icing sugar and water?

ha Lorelle I was going to suggest those
    They are in this month's BH&G

smiles4u Guest

Wink

MD ... Yeh !!! ... Just icing sugar & hot/warm water BUT it's gotta be really thick so it sticks (the icing sugar isn't noticable when dry either which is great) ... Easiest thing i made for the party YET got the biggest comments ... and they just need to be on that Fisher Price Tea Pot & Cups toy set, it looks just the gorgeous ... I saw a photo of it on some website with them on it & thankfully DD had the set (so just use the tray & teapot only for display)

P.S - Had trouble getting a pkt of Musk Lifesavers as supermarkets didn't sell them here so DP found them in a Petrol station. Also i thought cutting them in a half would be a nightmare like smashing everywhere BUT surprising they do cut in a clean cut straight half !!!!

one thing that comes to mind is princess wands

cut watermelon in star shape for top of wand, and then alternate between pink marshmellows and strawberries and place on skewer.

OOOOhhh i LOVEthat idea