Thread: The price of cake?

Question The price of cake?

I hope his isn't a rude question but if you have bought a cake before for a birthday or had one made, how much did you pay? And what size was it (how many people did it serve)?

Thanks

I pay around $50 for a decorated 12x12 inch chocolate sponge cake with a photo printed onto the icing.

ali- boof's Ollie cake was $130 but that i reckon was cheap for a cake like it was
    other cakes that we have got that are novelty cakes were around $200-$250 and they all fed between 20-25 people. they way to overcome this if you have heaps more people is to use cake for dessert and have other dessert choices as well on offer!

GL!!

I paid $35 for a medium sized slab which fed 30 adults and 10 kids (sorry can't remember the exact name of it). It was decorated beautifully to exactly how I described.

I think I paid about $50 for DD's naming day cake and it fed about 30/40 people?? It was a sponge with cream and decorated. I loved it! Apart from the cakes at my wedding it was the nicest one i've had in ages!!!

My 21st cake was a 10inch square mudcake with 21 profiteroles around it and I think it cost around $80 and fed 20-25ish people. That was cheap as we went to a couple of cake shops and this was the least expensive. One cake shop wanted $85 just for the mudcake and I think $2 per profiterole...(mini profiteroles!)

DS's cake we are going to make - too expensive to buy!

I had a cake made for DD's 1st birthday, we had just over 100 guests so there was no way I was going to make it, lol! It cost $250, it was a pink & purple fairy castle, fully cobbled and was 3 different layers (& flavours!!) of cake. It was amazing, and we had so many compliments on it, i'm glad we forked out for it as it was definitely something to remember.

Next time, depending on the type of party we have, I might attempt to make one myself or buy one from the Cheesecake Shop lol!