Thread: is it rude to ask?

Default is it rude to ask?

DS4 has been invited to a birthday at a play cafe, but not DD2 should i ask if its ok to bring DD? or just take her? i dont have the ability to leave her with anyone so if DS is going so is DD but not sure if its presumed she will come?

I'm sure no-one would mind if you bring DD - but if your unsure just let them know you need to bring her as you have no other alternative.

If it was me throwing the party I would assume that you would bring her

We go to heaps of parties at play centres and have had a few there ourselves. Just bring her along, you will have to pay for her to get in and if you want her to have something to eat and drink you will need to pay for that too, but its not rude to bring her along at all. You dont even need to ask, especially cause its at a public play centre. I would ask if it was held at their house though.

Have FUN!!

how old is your DD, i would presume that because the party if for DS friend then they prob thought it odd to include your DD on the invite.....but prob understand that you will bring her along anyway IYKWIM. I wouldn't think its rude.

I've been to a few playcentre birthday parties and the done thing is to bring along the siblings but pay for them seperate. They usually have a list of the invited kids to check of anyway and the person at the door will tell you that only those kids get in paid for by the party host so the others will need to be paid for.

When we had A's birthday last month we had 2 no shows who I had to pay for (Grrrr) so a brother ended up joining in the party and having some food and cake anyway.

ye. i'd say it's assumed too. The more the merrier for a party i think. worst comes to worst you just pay for your DD yourself.

WHen my kids are invited to a playcentre birthday party I always take the others along but pay for them to play and for their own food. It's not at all rude.

DoubleK Guest

i dont think its rude, like the other ladies have said, you'll have to pay for your DD.. but i dont think anyone willmind her being there! it is a play centre after all!!

If it were my party I would expect you would bring both kids, you just have to pay for DD yourself. Enjoy the party

I think its polite to ask (and offer to pay for your child) but I don't think they'll say no. I hate making assumptions of anything even if you know the answer is going to be yes, just the way I was brought up I guess. The irony is if someone just turned up with their siblings to a playcentre party I wouldn't care in the slightest If it were at my house it might be different LOL!