Thread: Tell me about your best ever birthday cakes pretty please!

Question Tell me about your best ever birthday cakes pretty please!

Can all the wonderfully creative BB bakers reveal there best birthday cakes please???
    DD1 is 4 in a few weeks - and I am in need of inspiration!
    Previous hits have been the ladybird cake, fairy mushroom house, Dora/Diego cupcakes .......
    TIA

I made DH a standing dragon for his birthday last year, that was pretty cool...on the same day I also managed DS' christening cake that was Noah's Arc - complete with wood finish arc
    My DD is really into sky stuff - stars, moon, sun etc and that's what she wants.
    What's your DD into?

For my DD first birthday she had two cakes!!! First i did a heap of cup cakes, wth pink icing and i bought a princess cup cake stand which was great and looked so pretty and it was really easy!!!!!
    Login | Facebook Here is a photo on my facebook page let me know if you can't see it!!
    The with the left over cup cakes i made a number one!!!!
    Login | Facebook Another pic!!!
    These are my ideas goodluck !!!!!!!!!!
    Butterfly is really cute too i don't have a pic of this one i did it for my niece and its easy too!!!

At my baby shower my sister-in-law made me a standing horse carousel. I knew I was having a girl and I am a very horsey person. For DD 1st birthday we made her a rocking horse as that has been a theme for her since birth. My SIL has also made a Nemo cake, Pirate ship and a lion. If you have a Cake decorating wholesale/retail business near you they normally hire out moulded cake tins or patterns to follow as well. They can help with ideas.

Thanks ladies! Hilariously my girlie girl has decided on a Spongebob underwater extravaganza (with a bit of encouragement from DH ) after a trip to our amazing local cake decorating shop! Thanks for the ideas and sharing those pics!!! I must confess to being a bit disappointed by her choice but really it is not about me, lol. I will sneak in some glitter when they are not looking tho!
    xxx

I loved making my DD#1 a barbie cake...grab a dolly varden tin (or hire one) or a pyrex large bowl, do a vanilla cake mix, then cut the top out, and stick her fav barbie in.....have a google to see what is out there. So very, very easy, but so pretty....PM me for pics if you like....

I actually own a Cake Decorating business, but for DD's 1st birthday she had a castle with 3 unicorns sitting at the front gate. It is on facebook and i would show you but being its under my business i dont think im allowed?

Ohhh so much more pretty and exciting that silly SB...grrrrhhh!! Shooting Star can you PM me a link I'd love to see? mbear that was my plan - I have been keen to do one since she was born. Hmm wonder if she really wants Sb..... xxx

I googled 'girls birthday cakes' for ideas and found some really nice ones.

dunno if I am allowed to post a pic but I will make it small
    Its a butterfly made of 2 heart shaped cakes and cupcakes for the body