Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back in the Family...

rolymogs Guest

Last edited by rolymogs; March 18th, 2008 at 06:32 PM.

You girls are amazing. I don't feel quite so alone when I read your messages! Thanks heaps

Hi Oscaroscar - Just wanted to pop in and say good on you for finding your way back to God! It is a decision you will never regret. I don't know how I'd get through life without God in it! I wish you all the best in dealing with your family & DH. I think it is a good idea to just forge ahead and find a church, you really need some fellow Christians to love and support you ATM. I am SURE you won't be judged, please don't feel ashamed, I bet there are people there that could tell some pretty hairy life stories!

Think of this whole "infant faith" process as an amazing journey instead of something you have to endure, thinking that way always helps me get through the tough times.

Big hugs to you!

Hi Everyone,
    Oscar- I wasn't aware that this thread was even on BB, so thanks for leading me to it. I am so glad you feel a sense of peace, God is truly great, I know that I couldn't get through my day without him.
    A bit about me- I became a Christian when my DH and I had been together for 2 years. His family are very spiritual and it ended up being the best thing I have ever done. However in saying that it has become harder of late, My DH has lost his faith completely and no longer believes in God at all. (so he says) I home school my three girls using the ACA curriculum, and trying to be the spiritual head of the family is becoming really hard. I feel like a hypocrite, as I don't always do the things I know I should in Christ, as it upsets my DH. My DH attitude is wearing off on our eldest a bit and she doesn't know if she believes in God. I understand his reasoning, he was brought up in a born again christian household, things got fairly full on awhile ago and he felt as though it was turning into a cult mentality.We don't attend church, All the ones we have attented are far more focused on raising funds for bigger and better churches, airplanes, healing etc.This also makes him resent christianity. Any way I still Love the lord and I know that when I look at my three beautiful children, he definately exists. I hope to get to know all of you and thankyou for listening to my vent.
    Blessings
    Rach
    Last edited by mumrach; December 14th, 2007 at 09:49 AM.

hey oscaroscar - I totally understand. I spent nearly a year out of church and away from God cos I was holding some deep resentments, probably more against others in the church who had hurt me. It's taken me a while to get back into the flow of things, and I still get SO frustrated when I come up against the same problems as before, even in a different church, but I've come to the same conclusion that other's have - it's not God who's stuffing up, it's the church (full of very silly people, just like me!) So I'm trying not to keep myself separate from God, even if I still struggle with the church and its politics and rubbish. I'm glad you re-committed though!

Hi Helly & mumrach

I thought that the girls in the TTC thread would get annoyed by my post, but it wasn't the case! I'm really glad you both posted, it's nice to have the support of other christian women going through the same thing. Are any of you in Brissie?

I guess the hard part is that now i say to my family I am a christian, but my past is dotted with mistakes and obvious sins, like the fact that DH & I lived together before we got married (and obviously were sleeping together!). So it's hard to let the light shine!

Mumrach - I really feel for you, must be really hard being the spiritual head of the family without DH's help. I will pray for you!

Helly - yep I left church because others hurt me, not because of God, but as a result I drifted away. Big mistake!!! I'm glad you found your way back.

I really feel like God's message for me at the moment is to be bold, and not ashamed. I'm feeling so loved at the moment!

oscar- just wanted to say I'm really proud of you for being bold! even with the post in the TTC thread, I know some (probably me) wouldn't say anything about their religion in there because of what others might think and just stick to the safe religion threads to talk about it. Well done. You are certainly taking on God's message for you then from what I can see!

Welcome home oscaroscar!!

I just really want to encourage you to find a church family - me & DH have the most wonderful church that we go to, and we have met the most encouraging friends who help us through our ups and downs. We have been truly blessed!

Just remember that you are 100% loved and FORGIVEN by our loving Father, so no need to feel ashamed anymore.

I know what its like with the fam, just remember you might be their only shining light! Be strong, and Jesus is by ur side darl, you can't go wrong

Wow guys, it's so interesting and encouraging to read of your faith in different circumstances!

A quote I LOVE is: When you let God be God, you can let humans be human.

I don't know how to explain that properly, except say it's true! When I expect only God to be perfect, when I trust him to take care of things, when I look to him for lessons I can learn, guidance and strength - then I become more forgiving of humans, they're only humans after all!

Perhaps a better way to put it is, the more I get to know God, I stop looking to humans to fill my needs. So I'm not hurt as badly when they don't.

It's a lesson I'm often forgetting, but I know it's easy to look at the church and see imperfections - but the church on earth isn't perfect! Christ is the head, we are the body - but when people aren't in step with God, it's like there's something wrong with the nervous system, the head is wanting the body to behave in a certain way, but the body - well, some is responsive, some is numb, and other parts sometimes do their own thing cos they're making up their own signals...
    The fact that God is able to work in people despite his body is a good sign of how amazing he is!

Anyway, just wanting to encourage you (and myself too!) - we shouldn't be put off by others, you're responsible for YOUR walk with God, and the closer you walk with him, the more we see things differently - the way God sees things.

And thus concludes my ramble.

P.S I'm in Brissy - northside

OK I have a question about how much to tell others about my sex life? We are currently TTC #1. Now that I'm back with God, I'm feeling like I should be keeping my sex life private, and not talking about when we do it and how and how often etc. Anyone else feel like this?

Yes and no, Oscaroscar.

Difficult to explain - there are some close friends that I can openly and freely discuss sex with. We are all Christian, and all view it in the same way. Obviously, with undergoing assisted conception we get used to having all sorts of doctors poking into it. But... in the way that most people in the general community would talk about sex - no way!

Not sure I'm making any sense at all there.

BW

Good question Oscar! I guess my guiding principle on this would be things the bible says.

Not quite sure where we got our 'sex is taboo' attitude from, perhaps rebelling too strongly against the world's overemphasis on sex? But God created sex, pleasure, orgasms, the whole idea of conception. So it's a good thing! ETA: Although I believe God created sex to be sacred and special between husband and wife, and the world often cheapens that - so you would still be wanting to talk about sex as a special thing.

For me, what restrains me is trying to respect dh - which means you might need to sit down with your dh and see what he's happy for you to share! My dh and I have an agreement where I try to talk only about ME. So, I enjoy this, I do this, I find this...not dh likes this, he says this, he feels this. And also, he trusts me to talk to friends who respect us, so won't think badly of us, and won't pass the info on as gossip...

That's just us, the agreement we've come to. And I'm happy with that, because the bible tells me to respect my husband, which I think I do by checking with him. And he trusts me not to give too much of his personal info away.

So yeah - maybe chat with him, and see what he's happy with? I'll come back if I have any other thoughts - such a good question, it's so good to be thinking about these things I reckon!
    Last edited by Nelle; December 14th, 2007 at 12:25 PM. Reason: knew I'd think of something!

Hmm....I'm like you Nelle, I don't say anything that I know DH wouldn't want me to say or would be embarrassed about. I don't find anything wrong with saying when we did it when talking about TTC, e.g. we dtd on the day I o'd. But I don't really talk about details. I haven't really thought about it or stopped myself from saying things, I just don't want ppl to know that much about me, lol.

oscar- I can speak openly about sexual things with a close friend of mine, I mainly talk about what is going on with me though. I don't go into great detail about DH as I don't think he would appreciate it I think that it is important to discuss things with close friends as it gives us an outlet for our frustrations/dreams/hopes etc. Obviously I discuss everything with DH, but it is nice to have a respected girlfriends opinion on things. As for family, NO, they know that we are trying but at the end of the day I really don't want them to know all our intimate details. I'm sure it would make them uncomfortable. That is just my opinion though, your family may be different.
    Blessings Rach

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12