Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you get time to spend with God?

THe best thing for me has been finding some amazing girls at church and meeting for a study, at night after the kids are in bed. DH goes to another one on a different night that way we don't have to worry about what to do with the kids.

At the moment we are doing something called Master life - it's pretty full on but it makes you spent time with God. I will admit tho that my youngest is about to turn two and will sit in front of ABC kids just long enough to get my study done every morning.

I love what the other girls have already said, God is happy to hear from you at any time He knows your heart and what your life is like at the moment, it won't last forever, it is just a season.

I've heard the parenting 'season' that we have kids in can be known as Summer - Spring is when you and your partner meet, and everything is new, growing. Summer is when you have your young kids - hectic, fun, always doing something! Autumn is when they're older children - they do a bit more for themselves, you're less busy, and are preparing for the day they leave the nest. Winter is when the kids are out, things are peaceful and still, you have time to be cozy and read books again! :P

Sorry, that was a bit OT, just someone mentioning seasons reminded me of that - I heard it in a marriage course.

That's nice Nelle- it kind of helps to put this current "crazy season" into context!!

Argh.....its taken me 30 minutes just to type to this point....babies!!

I forgot to say, MistyFying (and anyone else), I'd love any PM's about podcasts, youtube stuff, anything - dh isn't a huge fan of reading, so we try and mix bible study media where we can.

oh Mars Hill church has some amazing podcasts.

This might sound like a bit of a silly idea but turning off your radio/music in the car can give you a bit of quiet time - depending on where you're driving of course and who you have in the car with you.

Thinking of the car, we have Colin Buchanan CDs in there for DS, but they get you in a praise frame of mind. Well, they do me, and they're less annoying than normal nursery rhyme CDs or The Cat in the Hat over and over.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12