Thread: Psalm 23 during birth...

Default Psalm 23 during birth...

Hi everyone,

I found this today on youtube, and while it may not be new to some of you, I just had to come on here and share it with everyone.

The woman's name is Temple Passmore, and her husband Brent is playing the guitar. She is singing to help get her through contractions.

YouTube - Woman Sings While In Labor

I'm Jewish, not Christian, but our tradition is to recite Psalm 23 when in active labour, along with other prayers.

I'm not sure if i said it before i got to hospital or not (maybe Kelly remembers), but one of my fav pics from labour is the one Kelly took of my husband when he was praying for me.

TBH, i can't remember the specific reason whilst it's number 23, but i'll try to look it up in the book i have that has all the prayers and laws pertaining for pregnancy and labour.

Yael - what a wonderful tradition! Any extra info you may have on why it's used... wink wink. If you have time to look it up, that is!

It's inspired me to learn this tune on the piano and play it during my birth... I'll have to find some other psalms set to music.

I have seen this before but it made me cry and get goosebumps again. It is absolutely beautiful.

Hi Helly

If you're looking for psalms set to music you should check out Sons of Korah. That's pretty much all they do I think .

Nice to see you Helly!! I also watched this on YouTube. It was very beautiful. I agree with Miss J, sons of korah sing the psalms and they have some really good music. Not sure if they do psalm 23 or not, you could always google it.

this is beautiful