Thread: A true fear of God taking my baby

Unhappy A true fear of God taking my baby

hi it might sound silly but since i've had my daughter i've been nothing but scared that God will take her, this being a nicer way of saying dying. I hope its not my instinks and just a normal feeling a mummy gets when she loves her baby so much.

Every now and then I have the same thoughts, especially if the are away from me, eg. going for a drive with their dad. I think it is just our motherly protective instincts poping up as we worry about them all the time.

Oh Kass. I certainly sometimes feel that God would do that to me, I think it's simply a way of trying to prepare ourselves mentally should the worst happen. Trying it on for size if you like.

What I have learnt about life (and God) is that he never WANTS for someone's child to die. Think about how much you love your child, would you take HER baby away from her? SO why would God who loves you FAR FAR more than you love your daughter do that to you? He has been through losing his own child, so it's not something he would WISH upon his children. It doesn't mean that your baby won't die, but it's not part of God's plan for you. Should it happen he would be there for you of course, and would weep with you. Rather think of it, as a way of appreciating how much your child means to you, of thanking God for her everyday, and appreciating that every day is precious - because it is. We don't know when we will lose those we love, but it is such a comfort to know that we loved them to the best of our ability while we had them here with us.
    Some people say that children are a gift god lends to us for a while, but I don't agree. My kids are mine, and I thank God that they are.

I don't think God takes people if you like, I think death is just part of living on earth? This gets very philosophical but perhaps just think more "God has given me another day with my beautiful Annabelle, lets make the most of it" rather than "God may take her away today".

Do you feel guilty, like you don't deserve to have such a beautiful baby?

Hi Kass,
    I totally understand how you feel - when DD was born I would imagine all sorts of terrible things that could happen to her, but someone reminded me that above all I need to TRUST God, He is the most capable & loving father and that He will take care of her! I know that doesn't mean that nothing will ever happen to her, but I do know that whatever happens God is in control IYKWIM?
    I pray for protection over her every day and then leave it with Him.

thanx rosehannah its nice 2 know im not the only one 2 have horrible thoughts but they just pop up in my head all on there own!
    Nickel: Ur very good with words i had tears rolling down my cheeks as everything u said was so beautiful and exactly right. For a while know i've just wanted 2 go 2 my church and just sit in there with Bella but 4 some reason i dont, i stop at the door and them turn back around and drive off, im being pulled toward it ever since Bella was born.
    I dont feel guilty i feel that throughout my life things i love fall apart infront of me or die or leave and im kinda just waiting 4 this little gift that i couldn't live without 2 b taking. I never knew how much i could love and it scares me.

Thank you KAss. Love is very scary, as a mother I've been astounded at how strong a non-sexual love for another human being can be. It is scary, but also exciting that we can love so strongly. Gives us a glimpse of what God is like I think.
    Things on this earth do fall apart, or die or leave, that's why I can't wait for Jesus to come back or for me to live with him in heaven or whatever, when the lion will lie down with the lamb, so to speak. Nothing here is permanent except God's love for us, which is why it IS so special and important. You have a beautiful little girl there, enjoy her!

thank you and ill just have 2 learn 2 enjoy her now and not b scared but happy that i have her and not worry about whats 2 come. And instead of driving away 2moro i think i might just go and sit in my church with Bella and have peace around me. Time goes so fast and lifes so busy it'll b a nice chance 4 Bella and i 2 relaxe and have our thoughts with God. Thank you everyone 4 making me feel asthough im not going silly and it's normal.

How are you feeling these days Kass?

I think these thougts go through most mum's minds at some stage... I think it's healthy to acknowledge rather than suppress them. When i have those kinds of thoughts I remind myself that I'll never be separated from my children's spirits. I have spoken to my older two about death and Heaven and I assure them regularly than when our bodies die our spirits will drift up to Heaven and be together always. I find the more I talk about it and think about it the less teary I get. It's a shame we often don't feel comfortable talking about to adults