Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Worst of all Sins

paradise lost Guest

Christine (and everyone) i don't feel it was Christianity that did the harm at all, i want to make that clear! I know that these people were just individuals and i also know that however their own interpretations and words came across to me at the time, they all spoke, as you all do here, out of love.

And that is something i DO embrace. God is Love. Wherever Love is, God is. So even if God in the formal sense never comes into my life, i know i am surrounded by Love anyway. And that's close enough for me.

Bx

I second Christine's sentiments... and I feel quite angry about the way those so-called 'Christians' treated you Personally I don't support burdening innocent children with guilt of that nature. That is a lesson for a later time. Bec, please, if nothing else, know that your suffering has strengthened my resolve to make sure no one ever speaks to my children in that way and call it spiritual guidance! Infact, not just my children, but any child. I feel the weight of responsibility on my shoulders as a Sunday School teacher... but rest assured the children under my CARE will only look back at these times at church with joy and comfort knowing that when they were with me and in their church they were in a safe place emotionally as well as physically. I'm not saying guilt has no place in my life as a Christian... i'm just saying that it is a lesson for a more mature soul than that of a child.

ETA: sorry... missed your last post Bec...

Bec, I protect my baby without any visions. OK, so DS did get a burn and your DD didn't, and he probably has a few more bumps, but is he any less safe? Of course not. God isn't going to kill your DD, or let her be killed, if you reject Satan. God loves you and wants the best for you. And only He can rid you of a demon. And as Bath says, could it not just be that you are hyper-aware of things?

Does your DD want life eternal without you anyway?

I am really hurt with some of the rubbish that's been said to you. WRT the mug analogy, we can look nice but inside is SIN (NOT the devil) but God loves us anyway and washes all that sin away. Every time we ask. Unconditionally.

It's a lot to think about Bec. That's amazing precognition (is that the right word?) you've experienced. Who am I to say where that foreknowledge comes from? It sounds like even you're not sure.

I really would encourage ANYONE, and I definitely will tell my kids this one, if you're not sure about what someone's telling you about God, ask them whereabouts in the bible they get their idea - so much confusion comes from people not reading God's word (or not reading it properly), but just guessing things about God/faith and then presenting that as fact to other people.

Absolutely ask of people, 'whereabouts in the bible does it say that, or is this just your personal opinion'? And then you can at least go and look the verses up yourself, and decide if they've been taken out of context and things like that. Even if someone's an athiest, you need to know what you're disagreeing with.

Just an aside from me... not entirely entering into everything, but just a personal story...

I believe that Jesus is the son of God, he died & rose again on the third day & brought me salvation on the cross (in case anyone is wondering what I believe in true words...)

I also believe that some of us are given insight into the spiritual world more than others. There are spiritual gifts that explain some of that insight.

I have "seen" things, I have experienced forewarning in dangerous situations and I have had some extremely freaky situations in childhood. One involving a tornado & telling my grandpa where to move his truck... good thing he listened to me. None of these have Biblical explanations, in saying that all of these are indicative of God's hand in my life. He has always been in control of things & I have always trusted that He would be. I guess what I am saying is that for me I feel closer to God for it.

Bex I'm sorry that people have felt the need to teach some of those things in your life. I need to say that to you, because I truely feel a lot of damage is done in the name of Jesus.

Here's a story I used to tell:

I went with Jane to an ice cream store and was feeling a bit low because Jane was so cool, she was such a better person than I was. So when it became our turn I waited for her to choose, I asked "what about bubblegum ice cream" she scrunched up her nose & said "ewwww..... no I think Ill have chocolate". So because she was so super cool, I decided to do something about it. I saw someone getting a bubblegum ice cream & I ran over & tore it out of her hands and said "In the name of Jane, do not eat bubblegum ice cream!!! there is nothing worse than bubblegum ice cream!" Than I saw someone else getting a vanilla ice cream & I tore it out of their hands saying "In the name of Jane you should only be eating chocolate ice cream!!!" Then I was feeling pretty good about myself because I was doing big things in the name of Jane. So I went around the back & pulled out all the ice creams but the chocolate and threw them on the floor yelling "IN THE NAME OF JANE! ONLY EAT CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM!!!!"

So who do the police take away, me or Jane?

Thats what people do with the name Jesus.

Total Truth, by Nancy Pearcey is about the Christian worldview, with some comparison and discussion of other worldviews and philosophies of life.

As far as previous lives and second sight go, that is a difficult and confusing issue for me. There are many unseen forces in the world, more real than what is seen.
    You say, though, that you have tried many things to be rid of it, in the past, without success. And that you would gladly keep it if it will save your daughter from harm, even to the point of risking your eternal life. And there, I believe, you create a false dilemma. Hoobs, honey, you saw 9-11, but you couldn't stop it. You see someone who will die, and you can't stop it. You can see these things coming, and you have terrible nightmares and horrible visions about them, but you can't always help. God can. And even if he allows something tragic to come into your life, or your daughter's life, he will hold your soul for eternity. That's a whole lot longer than a few years more or less on this earth. He promises to adopt you as a child of his, and then your life, both now and eternally, rests in the hands your Father who not only sees everything, past, present, and future, but also controls and determines all things. And then, you might be free of the horror in your own mind, and at peace with Who is holding the future.
    About re-incarnations of Christ - when he returns, the whole world will know. Interesting, though, that there are so many who think they are him.

And, as a bit of an aside, virginity, in my mind, has nothing to do with a piece of skin broken or intact. It has to do with giving yourself willingly. Perhaps there are others who disagree, and I certainly don't say this to make your abuse seem like less of a horrible thing. I just don't want you to let him take away anything more from you.

I can see that there have been many in your past who have confused, mislead, and hurt you, in the name of Christianity. That's a sad fact of life in the church - it's still full of sinful people. It's tragic, really, that the place that should be full of hope and healing and peace, can still cause so much hurt. But, as Christy said, don't let what people have said in the name of Jesus stop you from finding him yourself.
    Last edited by Cricket; July 12th, 2008 at 12:27 AM.

I didn't touch on abuse.... as someone who "lost" her virginity through abuse I can say that I gave my virginity to my husband. Different entirely.

Sorry, Christy, the way I posted that was confusing. I was referring back to Hoobley's earlier post about herself crying as a child over the idea that a unicorn wouldn't sleep with its head on her lap because she wasn't a virgin. I realize that she was talking about having more knowledge than a child her age normally would, but I just wanted to touch on the idea of the value of virginity being what you give willingly, not what is stolen from you.
    I apologize for posting that in a way that didn't explain where I was coming from, and also if I caused you any distress by implying that I was disagreeing with you over something. I certainly didn't intend to!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234