View Poll Results: BellyBelly Babies Born 2008: Did You Circumcise Your Son?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 21.05%
  • No

30 78.95%

Thread: BellyBelly Babies Born 2008: Did You Circumcise Your Son?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default BellyBelly Babies Born 2008: Did You Circumcise Your Son?

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU HAVE ACTUALLY GIVEN BIRTH TO A SON IN THE SPECIFIED YEAR.

This is a poll to see any trends in the changes of circumcision over the years of BB members. This thread is not for debate - if you wish to post a comment, you may write about what led you to make that choice as long as it is not defamatory to those who choose opposite. For example, we did some reading and discovered xxx or my partner / I have a belief of xxx.
    Last edited by BellyBelly; November 1st, 2009 at 01:19 PM.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

I didn't have DS circumcised.
    First of all, I believe he should have a say in the matter. So if he wants to when he's older, then he's more than welcome!
    Secondly, I found out where circumcision originated from. Exactly the same place & reasons they introduced female genitle mutilation.
    I've heard it lessens the sensation...I don't think thats fair.
    Lastly, DH isn't circumcised, but that had no bearing on our decision TBH.

MY thoughts on it.....if it aint broken it doesnt need fixing

BUT

in me saying that, everyone has a choice and an opinion and as long as they feel right in doing what their doing then its their right choice.

We didn't and won't for DS#2 due in Feb 2010 - mainly cause I figure like father like son/s, but also don't really see any benefit to having it done. And from what most other parents of boys that I know, they haven't either, so it seems to be the trend these days that most don't (that I know of) - wouldn't want my boys to feel different from the other boys at school/locker room etc. If they want it done when they are older, it will now be there choice.

Didn't.

DF wanted to because he is but when DS was born decided he was perfect the way he was.

I didn't circumcise either of my DS's. DH wanted to as he is...but I talked him around
    I agree with Maz, if aint broke, don't fix it

I'm the "yes" vote. I had DS circumcised when he was 6 weeks old

No, we didn't circumsise DS because, well, it didn't actually occur to me to get it done. Like maz says, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

We didn't even discuss it, just not an option for us.

um, i accidentally voted yes instead of no - Mods i dont want to mess up the poll, is someone able to change it for me please? :blush:
    My DH is circumcised but we chose not to do DS. None of our nephews are done either and that also influenced our choice somewhat.

We chose to wait till DS was a year old, so he could have a GA if we decided to go ahead with it, but at his first birthday we agreed that any sons we had would not be done, as they are yet to prove medically that it is necessary, and if my boys choose to later in life then I will support them in making that decision for themselves.

I am also a yes and will do so again if we have any more sons.

I chose not to have my first son (2003) circumsised and ended up having no choice but to have it done for medical reasons when the poor boy was 4 years old!. As you can imagine this was a traumatic experience for both of us! Needless to say when my second son (2008) was born, I made the decision to have him circumsised!

no, we didnt circ our son

I''m so sorry, I voted before I read that it was about 2008 and my son was born in 2009. Can you remove my vote?

Default ...

Nooooooooooo way in hell!! The risks far outweigh any possible "benefits" of circumcision .. I never researched it before I had my son, but I did months later after talking with other mothers .. As far as I see it, everyone who does it says it looks better .. I guess we'll start teaching that looks are more important?

Anyway, my son has never had any problems with it and he's 2 in 2 months

Default ...

ummm, im not sure if my previous post will be accepted, i dont think i said anything bad did i? anyway just dont accept this one im just msging to say sorry i didnt read the rules for posting ..