Thread: Circumcision

Question Circumcision

Im just looking into circumcision. I asked my obstetrician but he was totally against it and had nothing to say about it. So therefore none of my questions were answered.
    Does anyone know of where in Western Sydney you can get it done?? or anybody recommend anywhere in particular???

Dr Khan in Kingswood will do it up to 8 weeks.
    He's lovely man and he's done more circumcisions than I've had hot meals.

Thanks heaps for the reply! I have a look into him!
    Its such a hard subject, no one seems to want to talk about it.

Just wanted to say good luck with this It is hard and I think it's wrong of Ob's not to give you good information just because THEY don't agree.

Hey Beth,

I went to our GP and asked about it. He said if we have a boy he'd be more than happy to recommend a doctor nearby to do it. So maybe try your GP?

-TT

hi beth...
    im from hawkesbury area too. Im in richmond. What suburb are you in?

I was interested in getting my baby circumcised if hes a boy, but his daddy isnt, so i thought i may leave it. not too sure, but i too was interested in finding out a little more info on it.

Thanks for that! I think that they should be a little bit more helpful aswell, im sure they get asked all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by first_time_mummy View Post
    hi beth...
    im from hawkesbury area too. Im in richmond. What suburb are you in?

I was interested in getting my baby circumcised if hes a boy, but his daddy isnt, so i thought i may leave it. not too sure, but i too was interested in finding out a little more info on it.
    Im in Richmond also.
    I must say that it is a really hard decision, but if we do end up getting it done i really want to get it done at the earliest possible time (before 6 weeks). My next step is to talk to my GP i guess.
    I think a girl would be much easier! LOL

I am hoping that our doctor will just say he won't, and DH will give up after that lol! I'm not against people doing it if that's what they want, BTW!

More and more, I am hearing people saying their own Dr won't do it, and won't recommend anyone...

I'll ask my BIL and his wife were they got their son done (they live in Sydney now Newcastle)

And jsut cause someone doesnt agree (especially a professional) with it doesnt mean they shouldnt give you any information..its your choice which way you want to go....not theirs

Yes I mean if anti-abortion doctors have to refer patients elsewhere for abortions, I would think that doctors could cope with circumcision questions ffs!

We had our son done so if you any questions on the procedure/care afterward please feel free to ask. I know people don't agree and that's ok but it is also ok to want to have your son done but that is no reason for you not to be able to get any information to make an informed decision.