Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: circumcision decision?????

Dh and i chose to circumcise Jesse before he was born. Once he was here i was a little iffy about doing it (as you just want whats best for your baby), but am 100% glad we went through with it. Jesse felt no pain during or after the proceedure. He was given a local needle prior which he cryed from for about 5 seconds then came out smiling and talking. I am glad we had it done. Also with the stats that are coming through at the moment, its also just increasing that. He wouldnt even remember it now, and i would hate to have to put him through that when he is older due to an infection, if that was the case, and also the whole cleaning issue.

Do what you and your DH decide to do, i wouldnt let anyone really influence your decision if you can help it.. its a personal one and whatever you decide will be the right thing for your baby.

ETA.. it cost us $250 to have done and we got $98 back from medicare.
    Last edited by ShootingStar; September 2nd, 2007 at 02:46 PM.

Thanks for the information everyone. Its helped a lot. I don't know what we will do yet, but I think now whatever decision we make will be the right one for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellxx View Post
    Dh and i chose to circumcise Jesse before he was born.
    Kell...I'm sure it's a typo but you had Jesse circumsized BEFORE he was born?

My biggest issue is putting a baby through unneccessary pain after the procedure. My DS isn't done, although his father is and my husband is as well. It hasn't been an issue about the difference in appearance as yet, but that's something we'll deal with when it arises. We're still undecided if we'll get our next little one done should it be a boy.

I think what Kel means is she made the decision before he was born

I don't know of any in utero circumcisions!

*hugs*
    Cailin

I realised that after I had posted!!! Doh! Shut up me.

we are having a boy and have decided to have him circumcised.

we don't see any problem with it.. my dh is done and he certainly doesn't remember it getting done.. so if there is a litle bit of pain then we figure ds isn't going to be traumatised by it iykwim.

in the long run, we feel it will be more hygenic and also ds will be like his dad and he won't notice any loss of sensitivity later in life because he won't know any different.

but i do understand if people don't want to get it done.. it is a personal preference..

good luck with your decision.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123