Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: doctors who circumcise in western sydney

Can anyone advise how much Dr Dilley charges for the procedure?

many thanks!

Hi Loretta, Welcome to BB

From memory it was around $650, but $450 of that was claimable on medicare (for those who will argue a circ is no longer claimable on medicar, note the loophole- it was the consultation and local anesthetic that was claimable, not the op itself ). That was for when ds was 3 weeks old, i'm not sure about older babies.

HTH

Hi Lolli

Thanks for the welcome!

And, can I ask, at what stage do you book in if you want it done within the first few weeks? Do you make a tentative booking whilst pregnant or wait until bubs is born?

Thanks!

Hi Loretta,
    We booked ds in when he was 10 days old. They are very good at getting you in before the six week mark, so you don't need to make a booking before bubs is born. It's a very quick procedure- you're only ther for about 2 hours maximum, and most of that is spent sitting in the waiting room. They give bubs a dose of Panadol when you get there, and you can stay with them the whole time. the nurses and Dr Dilley are lovely

Let me know if there ia ny other info you need. I'm guessing you're pg? Congratulations!

I am indeed - 24 weeks, so starting to consider this stuff now.

thanks for your kind thoughts!

And I just read your birth story - wow, that is one incredible story!!

Awww, thankyou

Hi All

I have spoken this morning with Dr Dilley's rooms and they have advised that the operation is $710 and you get $245 back on medicare, so a total of $465. Dr Dilley is a Paediatric Trauma Surgeon so I figure the higher price is worth it.

He also uses a local anasthetic to ensure that everything is numb and there is no pain during surgery.

He will only operate on babies up to 6 weeks (8 at an absolute push),.

All up, you spend about 1 1/2 hrs in his rooms.
    Last edited by loretta27; February 17th, 2010 at 10:18 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12