Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: we disagree

Hey hun I can get together info on it for you and Lloyd to sit down and go through. We had a chat today about it, but if you want cold harrd facts Im happy to get a pack together for you

yes please oh great doula o' mine

To me its not a battle of to do it or not to do it but more of a right to choose, i think a person should be able to say yes i want it done or no i dont as a parent i honestly dont feel i have the right to take away a part of my sons body

So its more a package to try and convince DH. I mean if hes reasons are so his child will 'look like him', well that's not really a good basis for such a massive decision

If he thinks it helps prevent diseases etc and simply just needs a little more education on it then thats easy, you can just provide him with the info he needs to put his mind at ease

So your mission is to find out he reasons for WANTING to do it Then we'll work from there.....

i shall discuss it more with him when he gets home thanks kass
    oh and bellahs been wandering around the house oocy where u?

Quote Originally Posted by ~*MrsS*~ View Post
    i shall discuss it more with him when he gets home thanks kass
    oh and bellahs been wandering around the house oocy where u?

she's such a cutie

Brisbane - where it is never like it should be.

I have nothing constructive to add but think I will be put in this same boat soon as DF is snipped and I have NO IDEA. Ive never been around boys or had boys in my family oh except nephew and with him its not my choice.

We would have had this same struggle had we not have had girls. (I was actually praying for girls for this very reason!)

After I sent him all this I told him I was against it, but being the Dad I decided it was his decision (not something everyone would agree with but that's my thinking). I told him that after reading it all and giving it serious thought and consideration if it was STILL important for him to have it done then HE could take our son and stay with him through the procedure, I couldn't bear to witness it.
    This is pretty much how I felt too. If after weighing up all the info he was still all for it then it would be his responsibility. He would have to take the baby, stay with him, pay for it, organise it, everything.

Good luck. How stressful for you.

Perhaps you can look at the longer term implications for circumcision. There is a growing movement of men who, as they get older, notice less sensitivity in the end of their penis, due to the removal of foreskin.

The age old argument of family tradition is barbaric and outdated. Do an internet search on the issues older men who are circumcised have.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12