Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappy General Discussion #200

DD ended up sleeping through last night!! omg! that along with the initial battle to get her to sleep meant her nappy was on for a good 10hrs... was a BBH osfm, just with one booster folded 3 times and NO LEAKS not on single drop! and it even had a little poo. im impressed i thought for sure i would have to change everything.

ive been thinking a while about night nappies cause she is having longer stretches. (i say that...bet tonight she wont =p) bbh recons you can just put another booster in to add layers, do might try that. how many of you have specific night ones?

worb ~ BBH osfm, orange (i think)

sent via my vortex manipulator!

TT- what you just described is what we do for nights most of the time. I have two night nappies as well, but I am not rushing to buy more. The BBH NN takes ages to dry and because it's sized she's almost out of the M already.

WOHB: BBH minky pocket with booster

still on the teaching contract roundabout

I used the genessa forge super super trim night nappies (might be an extra super in there; not sure - it's the 17 layers one) I had about 5 that I was using but DH wasn't a fan of using them & wouldn't put one in ds1 if he was getting him ready for bed and while trim they were a bit bulky under pjs. We've ended up doing mixed nappies - cloth during day and sposies overnight (and to & from childcare)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so may not make sense

Between 5 and 9 months was when we used NNs. I used BBH and Genesa Forge. The rest of the time I use Bubblebubs Bamboo Delights, BBH fitters or bitti boos. Or even a terry flat plus trifold.

Yay go little pet!
    I have tried a lot of night nappies. I will be honest and tell you I gave up with DS and haven't even bothered trying cloth at night with DD2.
    DS could out wee Niagara Falls, and by the time I got the ones designed for 'heavy wetters' they were so bulky that they weren't comfy for him and they stank.

Genesa Forge make some great NNs as do Bonnibums.

this is going to sound silly.. but is the idea of a night nappy that you dont have to change them if they wake in the middle if the night? or do people still change bub if they wake for a feed? dds normal nappies are surving for 5-6hr stretch she sleeps at night but i change her when she wakes. if i had a night nappy would the idea of it be it lasting 8hrs? does thst make any sense?
    i dont think she is a 'heavy wetter' but might she become one when she is bigger? or is it something they alway are?

question 2 (not so stupid) ~ will my mcns survive if i sprinkle bicarb in the nappy bucket to absorb the smell and what not? or will the bicarb do damage to the poor nappies that sit at the bottom?

WORB ~ dragonfly magik "spaceman" ( blue with a skeleton astronaut)

sent via my vortex manipulator!

I think the night nappy is for when they get bigger and sleep longer stretches. You don't want to be waking them up to change their nappy if they are happy to sleep for 12 hours straight! When they are little though, it is fine to change them when they wake if you are happy to do that. I must admit, when mine were little, I didn't change them overnight unless they pooed or had very full nappies because it would take longer to resettle.

Sticking my head in to ask where do ppl buy their wool longies now days and are there still second hand Facebook mcn pages I'm finding it hard to find them. The ones I've seen are so slow and bare!

Quote Originally Posted by bellany View Post
    are there still second hand Facebook mcn pages I'm finding it hard to find them. The ones I've seen are so slow and bare!
    I don't think I can link FB on here but I'm in a group called "buysellmcn" that has over 10,000 members. I'm not sure if there's anyone selling longies though. There was a website that sold wool longies Llamajama dot com.

HTH

Have PMed you bellany

TT - I don't change Miss A overnight unless I know she's got a pooey bum. She is generally back asleep within 3.7 seconds of being on my boob so I'm happy to just let her (and me!) dreamfeed and not put her through a bottom change, especially with cold nights.

I've got one Genesa Forge NN which is brilliant. Otherwise I'm just putting her in disposables overnight because the nappies I have for her at the moment don't cut it for a long stretch. When she's bigger I'll try again with my greenkids pockets

I haven't changed DD2's nappies overnight since birth. She stopped pooing at night pretty early on and I just increased the nappy absorbency by adding a prefold. The night nappies are good, but I'm not going to bother to get any more because I get enough with an added prefold booster.

I don't get out of bed at night. DD2 doesn't even stir past her 111pm-12am feed when she comes into bed to cosleep. She bfs without waking.

WOHB: Cheeky Butts purple pocket

I don't change Nappies overnight either. Never have. So night naps are awesome for us.

Bicarb in the bottom of your nappy bin is ace. It is not bad for your Nappies at all. In fact, it seems to neutralize the ammonia a bit, so it's probably good for them. I used to just toss the bicarb in the wash with the Nappies, but now I swirl a bit of vinega around, it fizzes up, then I rinse it all out and add new bicarb.

Bell - etsy. But I live in QLD and they're not that awesome for up here, so I don't have heaps.

WONB: black BBH petite.

Girls what's the best place online to sell my used nappies?

I have decided I own way too many and need to clear away some of mine! Itti's, pop ins, cushie, few others.

I have sold most of mine either on here or on FB. I'll PM you a link if you like. I haven't had any issues with people not paying but I have had to relist my nappies several times or drop my price. It's a pretty busy site so if you can be patient, eventually someone who wants them will see them.

I sold my itti bittis pretty quickly via the msn bss page (would be the one Rowellen will link you I presume), I also listed them here. Mine went straight away, but will depend what you have, what you want, what people want to buy etc..

what do you have btw? (not that we NEED anymore, but I am curious to different brands)

I've bought here and the FB page for secondhand. They seem to disappear quickly!

Thanks girls!!! Will get organised to take pics and list them here and on the fb page Rowellen pm'd me

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast