Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappy General Discussion #201

Default Re: Cloth Nappy General Discussion #201

cool. thanks. I just want to make sure my shells last as long as possible for multiple kids.
    I think im going to need a 2nd bicket tho.our fills so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by ~TT40~ View Post
    yea dry pail is okbut it was wet pailling shells people said were bad and I didnt know if the wet inners would be too wet itms
    What you're doing isn't wet pailing your shells. That's dry pailing wet shells. No probs with that. It's what we do, and all of our nappies have lasted two kids.

Prepped for a week of rain here! Got both kids in terry flats for faster drying.

thanks A, thats exactly it (explained heap better than I could. all good, cause I didnt even realise wet pailling was bad for the shells.

pps. Spocks nappy rash is a million times better =) thankyou for the liners. I use then at night when I lather her in the zinc cream. and still using bm and moo goo during the day and seems to be doing the trick

Default Cloth Nappy General Discussion #201

Fab that's great news TT40. Thanks for the update, I've been wondering how you guys are :-)

Yay! If you want more, you can buy micro fleece off eBay, pretty cheap and just cut it up to size.

Melissa! If you're out there! We had a tots bots leak tonight, as soon as I'd put it on. I realised that I haven't been stuffing the booster into the pocket, and that's when it leaks. Don't know if that helps you, but I'm going to try it.

So a little update on my deteriorating nappies - also posted on the thread I started: GroVia has come to the party and offered to replace the 17 damaged soakers out of my stash of 24. The rep was shocked at the condition of the worst one, and her only suggestion for cause was possible acid wee. Meanwhile, DS has two teeth poking through now, so he was definitely teething.

posted in other thread but thats great!

just a minor ***** here... Spock is 9 months, you would think DH would know how to snap a nappy together... I even have to tell him which bits go with what nappy and then put them together for him. I do not appreciate being woken up to do that...

Ooh, TT40, I'd be livid if DP woke me up for that!

And yes, I'm thrilled that GroVia are being so helpful, and without me having to fight or even ask for it!

Pholi that's great news about grovia, love it when companies are helpful without needing to be pushy!

TT40 sigh men just seem to find mcn's complicated, my dh has just started to get the hang of it and I definitely need them all put together and ready to go for him.

Well dd's rash has gotten worse, the only thing that helps is some moogoo with sposie overnight - in the morning the redness is almost gone but comes back when I switch to cloth I've tried moogoo, nappy-free time, canesten rinse, changing more frequently but still red...

TT I've been doing cloth for nearly 7 years....my DH would not have a clue. I leave the bits together if I know he's going to have to do it. I feel your pain.

Cattie what about tea tree on her wipes?

Cornflour?

Default Cloth Nappy General Discussion #201

Cattie, I wonder if your DD could be sensitive to the laundry liquid/ powder that you're using?? What brand did you swap to?

TT I'm with Kim, we've been in cloth for four years and DH is still terrible with the nappies. When we are using the one sort he is fine, and can generally snap them together ok, but when we have two in cloth and are using all our AIOs as well as the fitteds, DH is terrible. He is happy to sit and put them together if I give him piles and say "those go with those, off you go" but if I give him a huge basket all mixed up, he's lost.

I try and make sure there are clean nappies ready for the next day before I go to bed, so I don't get woken up with questions like that

Cattle that is no good about DD's bottom! I remember you asking about strip washes, have you stripped lately? And yes, the washing powder could be reacting - what are you using?

Cattie, during this troublesome period where I noticed the nappy deterioration, DS started to get a really angry red nappy rash, too. It basically covered the entire region under the nappy, not just the bits at the front that would be exposed most to his wee. We barely kept it under control with liberal coatings of MagicStick, but as soon as his teeth came though it has disappeared, so I wonder if he is prone to extremely acidic wee with teething. So could yours be teething? Has she been ok before, in cloth? And have you tried adding extra stay-dry type liners - a couple of layers of microfleece, for example?

Wow thanks for all the suggestions ladies I switched from omo to ecostore, so maybe next wash I'll try detergent-free and see if that helps, or I'll do the strip wash - last strip was prob a month ago.

The redness is at the front and on the leg crack (iykwim) so I think it is from the pee, Pholi she may be starting to teeth as i think her pee has been more smelly lately and she is at the age (almost 5 months). Is micro fleece the same as polar fleece? Can I get it at lincraft?

Kim thanks will try the cornflour and might try coconut oil like someone here suggested previously (sorry I forgot who!)

OP that's impressive your dh can put together nappies at all - I might mention that to my dh and see if he takes up the challenge lol

Cattie, my DS was the same age when this all started for us. Our nappy covers have a fine liner of some sort of synthetic, and I think that the liner distributed the wee all over as soon as it started to soak through the insert, which is why the redness was all over. Changing him more often helped a bit, too - he was definitely worse if we only changed him once in a sleep-play-feed cycle, and was better is we changed him before and after every sleep.

Re microfleece vs polar fleece, I think they are similar but not the same. I use the microfleece I bought from an online nappy fabric supplier, and I've read that polar fleece from your local Spotlight isn't the same thing, or doesn't work the same way, or something, but I'm not sure.

no, they aren't the same. The micro fleece draws wetness away, whereas polar keeps it in. Polar fleece is used for covers. But yes, you can get it at spotlight.

Thanks, Kim.

Thanks guys, I went to lincraft and bought some called micro polar fleece, I hope it's right, it was more pricey than regular polar fleece so hmm fingers crossed!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast