Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Cloth Nappy General Discussion #202

Default Re: Cloth Nappy General Discussion #202

Poo inside the shell means the nappy is doing it's job!

Afaik, I expect (with my Grovia inserts and shells) to swap between 2 shells each time he wees, and to bucket the shell each time he poos. A poo that stays only on the insert and leaves the shell re-usable was a rare and lovely thing!

Thanks ladies

We are now full time cloth! Bought a mixture of things, but what we love most is the grovia no prep inserts. They soak up a bunch, rinse & wash well, and are soft on his little bottom. The organic cotton started to go hard

Where can I get one of those high pressure squirter hoses that connects to the toilet inlet valve? At the moment I'm rinsing them out under the bathroom tap, hard to get the pressure high enough to do a good job.

Those things are called little squirts. Few online nappy shops have them. Or you can do what we did and get the bits from bunnings and diy, cost a third of the pricr

Thanks TT. I'm interested in the DIY. Where can I find the instructions for that? Or will they know if I ask at Bunnings?

I'm sure we read on the net somewhere... DHs cousin works in the plumbing section of Bunnings, so he helped us a fair bit. If you want I can take a photo of ours so you have an idea of where to start

Ps. I have another mate who is a plumber who said they are actually illegal because in Australia we use the same water in our toilets as our water pipes (drinking bathing etc) so your not meant to have them as they risk dirty poo water back flowing into the main system

Would love to see pics!

That doesn't make sense... How does it disk dirty poo water getting into the water mains? How is it any different from rinsing under a tap, or even flushing a toilet?

I dont know, they still sell them and shops are happy to help you to get the bits for them, so can't be too serious.
    Ill take photos after my cuppa, then will just have to work out how to podt it

Googled... Found this on the essential baby forum, along with instructions of how to fit:

... note that legally you must have a backflow prevention valve attached too (expensive). This is required so that if the sprayer ever accidentally falls into the toilet when it hasn't been flushed after a poo, and then the sprayer lever malfunctions so that the holes are open, and then the mains water pressure suddenly drops so much that a vacuum effect is created, there is a theoretical chance that pooey water could be sucked into the mains pipes and the drinking water supply could be contaminated. I'm not certain how the Little Squirt gets around this rule, or maybe the onus is all on the house owner/installer and not the manufacturer. The staff at Bunnings are quite happy to help you out without insisting you buy a valve.
    I'll get hubby to read the instructions and see what we can come up with over the weekend. I'm amazed that the original costs near $80!

Ever had trouble with poo spraying on the walls etc?

All our bits cost about 30. We dont have that valve, i dont think..
    I took photos, ill try to upload.
    You soon work out where and how to aim to avoid splashage

Thanks TT

I keep trying but for some reason it is not working... are you on fb?

Not on fb. I can PM you my email?

Yep, that might be easier

Great, thank you!

Hi girls

Just after some opinions on a cloth nappy for my DS 3 for night times. He is fully toilet trained during the day and mostly dry at nights. He isn't (or we aren't?) quite ready to do the night training but id like to cut back on wastage of night nappy usage. What would be a good nappy for this?

Rain rain please go away
    Wet nappies can't wait another day!

Sorry AM, I was hoping one of the more experienced mums would be able to help. My little guy is only four months, so I don't know much about bugger sized nappies. How old is your DS?

I use close pop ins with the night time insert for DD. But she's only 9 months. In fact I just bought two more, so I have enough for nights. Feel like I'm always running out.

Have you seen the grovia training pants? They aren't night nappies, but since you said he is mostly dry at night, they might be a good transition.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314