Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappy General Discussion #202

one advantage to Spock being in sposies, I can do a full stash shot of my pretties! ( minus some china cheapies)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/24/y3ypu3u5.jpg

Ooh! Nice stash TT40! Love the tie dyed ones.

subbing here as well

WOHB
    Itti Bitti Boo large, nearly grown out off (sob)

Love that stash!

I have to do a shout out to Cheeky Butts. Last year I bought a heap of their OSFM pocket nappies on sale but within 6 months the elastic was completely redundant. I emailed the company website, no response. I tried emailing several times and not a single email came my way. So eventually I wrote a grumpy private message to their FB page and within the day an extremely apologetic new owner messaged me and offered to fully replace every nappy. She sent me new pockets, new inserts plus two gorgeous large wet bags. She said the company had changed hands since I bought the old nappies and she was appalled at the bad deterioration of the pockets- I don't put them the dryer, DD didn't have acidic wee, I follow all the MCN wash and care guidelines. Anyway now I love them! I'd had issues even earlier than the elastic saga, with newborn AOIs that were leaking at the stitching. So I'm happy to report that the company has gone above and beyond this time.

Good service, LL. I loved the Cheeky Butts minis (best nb nappy for tiny bottoms, I found, and one of the only pocket ones), but only have a few of their OSFM so they haven't been overly used. It was disappointing that yours went bad so quickly.

Nappy rash is subsiding, finally. The wool covers are working well. I only have two and I think I'll invest in some tiny ones for the new baby. Might also get some fleecy covers in smaller sizes too.

WOHB: BBH NN with Disana wool cover

For those of you that use bamboo inserts ( I use itti's) do you put them thought the drier to soften them after washing and hanging to dry?

Thanks!

still on the teaching contract roundabout

Very occasionally will I put through drier - have to go down to the laundrymat to do it. Haven't done it for ds2 yet but did it a couple of times for ds1; really only did it when the inserts were stiff as and it would be instead of line drying

I put my inserts in the dryer if its rainy or too cloudy/still outside for them to line dry. Just chuck the shells/pockets and any AIOs over a chair near the heater.

I don't put anything in the dryer. I have a few second hand nappies from a dryer user and they have deteriorated much faster than the same brand that has only been line dried.

Really? Even inserts with no pul, elastic etc?

FL - IB suggested I rough up the inserts after they're dried to soften them (like take them in both hands and scrunch them up a lot). I found it worked ok, but that if I did it while they were half dry instead of completely dry it works even better!

I've started getting leaks My mil keeps trying to persuade us to use disposables, she even bought a pack to keep at her place. I've strip washed everything and rearranged the boosters, hopefully it will solve the problem...

Thanks folks. Cattie, we are getting some leaks too because DD is drinking lots more and I think I've got everything boosted to the max. I just need to change her more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylove View Post
    Really? Even inserts with no pul, elastic etc?
    Especially the inserts. They just start to fall apart. They get weak in a few spots, then one day they're just all holes, totally disintegrated. I have to friends I've bought off, both dryer users, and the nappies and inserts I've it from them have been the ones to do this. It's not quite the same as acidic wee damage, which seems to make hem go relly stuff in a high stress spot and then slowly weaken. Dr Karl talked about dryer damage on one of his shows a while back too, and it seems bamboo is particularly susceptible.

Rainwater can help to soften nappies. Also, try putting your spin cycle on a lower speed.

Bugger! Sorry nappies!

I know, right? I'd always thought it was fine, and, to be fair the nappies still have a good lifespan, but it's just not as long. I only don't have a dryer because Brisbane. And moneys. But they are sooooo lovely after a run in the dryer! My MIL ran a few things through once, and it fluffed up my TotsBots beautifully. But the ones she tumble dried, even just that once, have gone mangey just that little bit sooner.

DD2 is pooing corn cobs. Little Squirt not working terribly hard right now!

I'm in Perth so we don't use our dryer that often to be honest but in winter here we get big bouts of rain so I'll get a week or few days where nothing dries. Probably similar to Bris actually.

Yeah, about the same, only humid. But hot enough that stuff still dries.

I miss summer.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast