Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappy General Discussion #202

I do not. (miss summer lol)
    I do however miss washing that dries in under an hour in the shade. I do not know how you non desert dwellers wait so long for you washing to dry!

MCN experts can I use a stretchy cotton as a washable liner? Found a metre in my cupboard and thought I could make use of it.

You mean like T-shirt material. I don't think it would be good to keep moisture away from the skin as cotton is absorbant but it would protect the nappies a bit I guess.....not really sure.

Hmm I think I need something that draws the moisture away as DD has on again off again nappy rash that's driving her crazy. And I need a liner that won't let the nappy cream get on the nappy as her flushable liners aren't doing that.

micro fleece or raw silk would be the way to go then. I think I might have some micro fleece (and my plan is to clean out my fabric box today - good timing). If I do I'm happy to pop it in the post for you.

Oh lovely! Sure if you do happen across it I would love some.

Interestingly I've not heard of raw silk as a liner.

Mum can you imagine raw silk on your bum!
    We are back in cloth for day, I'm keeping her in sposies over night for a bit longer until her sores are healed completely.

WORB ~ red BBH OSFM.

how is she going TT40?

No more open sores! Just indented skin, like bad scars, but I'm confident it will get better and the skin will fade and fx not be cavities like they are now

Oh fantastic, T! You can even try some vitamin E on her skin to help it heal as well.

DD2 has almost completely recovered from her nappy rash too. BBH with wool covers were da bomb. I love my wool covers. So much I had to go and order a few small sized ones for the new bub. I wish I could find their overalls as well - I have longies for DD2 (but they're a bit too long and need to be rolled up), but overalls would almost be more convenient because I wouldn't have to worry about not tucking things in.

WOHB: Not sure (I'm at work), but probably her Cushie Tushies with wool cover

Well yesterday I was just admiring DD's rash free bum and then an hour later she had a dirty nappy and the rash was back with extra fury. Changing her nappy was so traumatic for both of us, she was crying her eyes out and bucking to avoid me touching her sore little bottom

Jen what's so bees knees about wool covers?

Wool breathes better and you can reuse the cover over and over (unless it gets dirty) because it isn't wet after wearing. I use one at night, let that air, and another during the day.

I can't stand the smell of wool covers. I love fleece covers, they get a bit stinky too, but still quite breathable.

I see, cool!

I just ordered two baby behind night nappies for DD as her Bambooty night nappies are on the brink... No amount of strip washing seems to fix the absorbency issues we have and they look pretty tatty. Also picked up a small IttiBitti Boo night nappy for the new bub.

Really, LM? I did lanolise mine, but no discernible smell unless I've just washed them.

Found out we're having another girl today so all of my pink, flowery nappies will do just fine!

WOHB: Maz NN with Disana wool cover

Oh wonderful! I'm sort of hoping our number two is another girl as we have so many pretty things, nappies included, that I am dying to use again.

I don't have many pink, flowery nappies, but the ones i do have DS has worn anyway if they are on top of the basket.

DS is growing out of his mediums and so i think i will do a strip wash and then put them all away for awhile. Luckily i hadn't started selling them off!

I am very much looking forward to the weather warming up. I am over having washing drying all over the loungeroom, and a bigger pile in the laundry waiting to be washed. Nappies get priority in the washing, but they also smell so much better after a good airing in the sun and wind.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast