Thread: Inserts are quite stiff?

Default Inserts are quite stiff?

Putting all of my nappies and stuff away today after a bunch of washing I noticed that all the inserts from that load had become kinda stiff and....sticking together is the best way to explain it. I have no idea why, it's never happened before. They're all baby beehinds inserts and all washed in hot water with a long soak. Any ideas?

Mine go like that if they have been out in the hot sun and dry too quickly. Could that have happened with yours?

just scrunch them up in your hands, or if you have a toddler let them thrown them around for a bit. They come soft again.

Stretching them also helps. But if those two options don't help you enough, you can chuck them in a drier for 10 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamsMummy View Post
    Stretching them also helps. But if those two options don't help you enough, you can chuck them in a drier for 10 mins.
    With a tennis ball helps a lot. Mine do that if they are dried too quickly or left in the basket overnight waiting for me to hang them out. It could also be detergent build up.

I put min on a lower speed spin cycle, so they dry more slowly, and this helps. BBH nappies do go stiff pretty quickly, but they totally still work.

I've inherited a pile of Pea Poda and they are all stiff as a board...will try these things when I wash as I was wondering what to do.

emmjayt I hadn't thought of that, seems likely. HotI thanks for that, treated them like a ball of playdough and it worked a treat!