Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cloth pads - how many do you own?

Smile Cloth pads - how many do you own?

Ok, I just got to try out my Twinkle Lily cloth pads I bought recently and I'm HOOKED!!! I bought two. I am using a Moon Cup also. I have quickly come to realise I need more! Sometimes it's nice just to wear a pad. hehe (good excuse to buy) so I have just ordered 3 more cloth pads and this time I thought I'd try the Bohemian Rainbow pads as I've heard good reviews about them and the fabrics are pretty haha!

So, how many pads do you own and what brands?? I wish I'd used cloth pads years ago!!!

I have 4 Twinkle lilys, a Noonee Wilga and a freebie one from Go with the Flo that I got with a Twinkle lily pad but I dont' use that one because it's only a regular one and not long enough for my liking.

I also have a moon cup, a Lunette.. I have 2 cloth pads, I am a total blank at where I got them... wait! Obsidian Star, I think is what it's called.

Both mine are only small, to be used at the heaviest part of AF, coz in general I cant' stand wearing pads, cloth or not... but they're great!

yeah I think I like the pads longer than shorter too, especially when it's a heavy flow.

Obsidian Star Pads look great too!!

I only ever wore maternity pads and the goodnights pads before I went cloth because they were the only ones long enough to make me feel protected. The shorter pads feel like they are going to go up my bum LOL

Twinkle Lily are the only ones I like LOL!

I need the double snaps to feel secure

I like the biggsies, and on the lighter days smiddsies

I have a few others too in case i run out

Shanti - I have quite a few of the Bohemian Rainbow ones - the overnight pad I have is great but the pantyliners don't do it for me unfortunately. Stupid me got a whole heap of them without checking whether they suited first. So I would definitely recommend trying one first, as it seems that unlike cloth nappies, there is much less of a market for second hand cloth pads. (I've wondered why that is? Is it because cloth pads are cheaper per unit so people are more inclined to buy new, or is there more of a grossness factor associated with pads compared to nappies?)

I have:
    Overnight Pads: Ambrosia Designs (1), Bohemian Rainbow (1)
    Daytime Pads: Outrageous (4)
    Pantyliners: Obsidian Star (3), Ambrosia Designs (1), Bohemian Rainbow (4)

I want to try some Happy Pads & Twinkle Lily next. My favourites would have to be Outrageous, Ambrosia Designs & Obsidian Star.

All up I'll probably get another three or four overnight/PP pads (mostly for this next bub), two more daytime pads, and about four more panty liners to replace the Bohemian Rainbows. I have a very heavy flow on the first day then can get away with light pads and panty liners after that. I did use a moon cup but I get irritations from it (size issues) so I've been using cotton tampons on the first day, then pads only after that.

Although I probably won't see another period for another eighteen months after this bub is born if it's anything like after DS. I've had about four periods in the last three years.

ETA: I just bought more stuff. Two Outrageous hemp liners, one Big Pad, 1 Easy Pad, 1 Twinkle Lily Smiddsie and a PP Pad. That should do me nicely for a while LOL.
    Last edited by suse; February 9th, 2010 at 01:06 PM.

were do you all get them? i am interested in trying them..
    seems to em like the twinkle lillys are popular

google clothpadshop and you will get all the smaller stores - noonee wilga, obsidian star and bohemian rainbow etc and twinkly lily have their own store now, if you google twinklelily you will find them

thank you.. will do

CLoth pads are my new addiction

I have
    6- noonee wilga (my favs)
    5 obsidian star and bucket load bohemian rainbow plus some I made myself

I prefer the longer ones to...their easier to retreave and love winged ones as they wrap around your knickers and dont fall in the loo by accident

I also prefer velour topped pads for the softness and the coolness. No owies if they rub. I used them post partum aswell...friggen awesome. The nurses were fasinated and they were so easy to use. I just washed them under the shower and sent them home with J when he visited me every day.

Ive got panty liners for Oing time and love them. Im actually using them atm to soak up my op stuff .

OH and I dont soak my pads in water either, I dry pail them aswell

i bought some from diaperco i got the happy heiny ones and the broccade ones and mommys touch, havnt used them yet to review them but the more you buy the cheaper it is at this website
    Last edited by Trillian; February 9th, 2010 at 01:34 PM. Reason: removing the 'dot com' - this is still as good as a link and against forum guidelines

MUST get around to trying this!!! Keep the posts coming

Bath, once you try them you wont go back!

I have about 20 that I made myself. So gooooood! Can't wait to make more!

Quote Originally Posted by Trillian View Post
    Bath, once you try them you wont go back!
    im in total aggreeance. yep they seem a bit YUCKO when you havent tried them but there is no way im going back to sposies

Squid - youd be better of trying one or 2 of them before forking out money on a lot. Cloth pads are alot like cloth nappies, there's one for every body shape and you dont want to be lumped with some that just dont work for you. EG I prefer long ones, and especially long in the front as my flow is frontwards

you can actually buy a pattern from the wee wuns that has all the different shapes of pads ect. might be cheaper to do that (I should look for mine)

I could probably make some myself too but I remember checking out that site that was mentioned and saw so many gorgeous fabrics and clever designs... i might buy a few and then copy the ones I like the best... ETA: good points Maz... I have weird anatomy... I think my flow is forward too. I don't mind short ones... there is always so much clean pad at the back that a long one is only needed at night for when i roll onto my back.
    Last edited by Bathsheba; February 9th, 2010 at 02:01 PM.

I tinkered with the idea of making some, but I just don't have the time now to do it. I would much rather see the money go to a WAHM and save myself the hassle if they don't turn out right LOL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast