Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cloth pads - how many do you own?

They stay in place because they have the wings that wrap right around and have snaps to hold them, but also that the fabric kinda locks onto each other. I'm a pretty restless sleeper and I've not had one move on me yet overnight. I don't notice an odour at all, but naturally you will smell a faint hint of copper because that's what blood smells like and only on a really heavy day do you smell it - nothing different to what you would smell on a disposable pad anyway.

Shanti, the bucket I use was an old 10kg radiant washing powder bucket and they are red, so you don't notice it in the water kwim? Plus it has a lid on it already so no one would be any the wiser waht was in there.

So they snap underneath? Is it uncomfortable to sit on the snaps??

No you can't feel them because they are right over the part of your crotch that you don't sit on, just where the wings on disposable pads go. Depending on the brand some pads will have one snap and others will have two. I prefer the double snap because it holds the pad in place better I think. It will take a day or so to get used to the feel of the snaps when you are wearing jeans/shorts etc because obviously it is a bit bulky but after those first days you don't notice them and if you only wear them at night it wont be an issue. The first two cycles I used them I only used the clothies the entire time so I could get a better *feel* for wearing them and know what they could and couldn't handle but now I just use them at night

Trillian - that's a good idea about having a red bucket. hhmmm mine's a white nappy bucket LOL! but it has a lid.

Heaven - check out the cloth pad shop! You can see different pads on there! They are soooo good! I can bring mine along with me on the 19th if you like.... (a clean one haha)..... so you can see a cloth pad. Mine are velour topped!

I wore my Twinkle Lily med/heavy pad to bed last night and it was soooo comfy and I woke up and even forgot i had a pad on until i went to the loo!!! it was that comfy! Whereas a disposable pad would have been all scrunched up and i probably would have leaked if it was a heavy flow yuck.

Lovin' the cloth! Off to find some more to buy hehe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123