Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cloth toilet paper

now this is a interesting idea so let me yet this straight you use coth wipes instead of using toilet paper when you go?

Well I've put the cloth in the bathroom. Was going to do the ensuite too but then I'd need two buckets going. I mostly use the bathroom anyway.

Mr s, yep, cloth wipes instead of paper.

Exactly Squid Same way you would use them to wipe a baby's bum with cloth, just bigger for adults

they must be nice on your tosh lol another money saved great

i got some velour out and worked out what i wanted after 'trialing' sizing
    Ive gone for a palm sized wipe (in my best cat walk voice) one side bamboo velour the other side pink velour, small bin with lid has been placed in ensuite and a space on the shelf free for the wipes im about to overlock.

Ive just realised..im no longer a scruntcher, im a folder

ETA yep MR S.....so much softer

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I thought disposable baby wipes weren't meant to be flushed. I found the sorbent/kleenex wet wipes perfect when ever I have issues down there. The other thing you could try is hypoallergenic toilet paper either on its own or dipped in water that has a few drops of lavender oil. I don't know what your issues are but I know that whenever my daughter has nappy rash a couple of days wiping her like that clears it up as does a cap full of the oil in her bath.

LOL!!!!!!!

DB - its about getting back to basics to hon..not just for being gentler down there but helping our world, saving some money in the long run and feeling good for it. I dont have disposable wipes in the house either, were a cloth family so wanted to see how this went.

You know im gonna have to change my little quote under my name now dont you
    Last edited by maz; February 21st, 2010 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maz View Post
    DB - its about getting back to basics to hon..not just for being gentler down there but helping our world, saving some money in the long run and feeling good for it. I have disposable wipes in the house either, were a cloth family so wanted to see how this went.

You know im gonna have to change my little quote under my name now dont you
    Oh ok, I get it then. Good luck with it...I couldn't do it but I hope it works out for you.

will you use cloth at my house Danni ?

I think I need 1 thing before I can bring myself to fully do it (and I've been meaning to for a while anyway) and that is buy 2 pairs of tongs for the laundry

Quote Originally Posted by alioops View Post
    will you use cloth at my house Danni ?
    No, if I ever come to your house I'll remember to bring my own toilet paper.

I commend all you who are doing this. I love that you're doing your part for the environment but sorry, I just can't bring myself to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by alioops View Post

I think I need 1 thing before I can bring myself to fully do it (and I've been meaning to for a while anyway) and that is buy 2 pairs of tongs for the laundry
    ah ali you make me smile lady

I'll still have toilet paper for J man and the kids although I can bet my bottom dollar mini me will want in . Mario snaps them off and N would freak out I think (he chews through half a roll a session)

LOL why not?!

I need to get back into it - facewashers are so much kinder to my pinda

so who has stuck to it?

Ive only used toiet paper twice and it ripped apart where it shouldnt

Im loving using my new found cloth...I even took them to Melbourne to tuesday for a meet up and noone even knew.

its been way easier then I thought it would be and ive only thrown my wipe in the bowl 2 or 3 times lol

So I read this and talked to DH about it - he is less than keen, but I will talk him round. I am just thinking about the logistics of it all - we haven't done cloth anything befor, so don't even have a bucket.

Putting stuff in a bucket rather than downt he loo shouldn't be an issue for me - I lived in South America where that's just the done thing - loo paper goes in the bin rather than down the pipes. Kinda makes sense. So, what sort of bucket? Just something with a lid, I guess, yeah? My local op shop sometimes has stuff like that. Will keep an eye out.

As for the actual wipes... I have a stack of second hand flannelette, do you reckon if I overlock that it will do the job? We're used to unbleached recycled TP here, so softness isn't really an issue for my currently pristine lower regions. Will be a great use for all my old flannie jarmies if it works out.

Six week trial period? Maybe I shouldn't start in the middle of a two week wet weather stretch, it's doomed from the start! Then again, maybe I should. Hmmm.

I was always a folder, Maz. This family cloth thing - I was born for it.

I just have a little bench top bin with a flip lid on it hon. I put some disinfectant into it and water and wash them ever 2 days.

I think Flannel will be fine, 2 layers and overlocked. Ive made mine aobut 12cm x 8cm so they can fit in the palm of my hand IFYWKIM. I find using velour helps them dry when theirve been washed quickly to. Ive got one of those round pegs holders were I can peg a few onto one peg at a time

FWIW im the only one doing it in my house...J man is cool with me doing it he just doesnt want to . Having AF and doing this is a lot gentler to...and were I would have to use a gallon of toilet paper when I flooded...one or 2 wipes and its all clean.

to many pluses for me not to do it now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12